What hotel to stay at in Paris?

Yes, it's really easy by train, the station is between the car park and the security check, how often you have to transfer off depends on where you're staying, but it's never difficult. pay attentions to the sign with the lights on the platform, the RER train you need to take (the platform is indicated with Mickey) will have a few different directions and end-points, make sure the light at Marne la Vallee is on when you get in the train
Thanks! We'll do that.

IDK if you went ahead and bought flights this morning but I woke up and the AA airlines flight I was looking at for 8/29 dropped in price by like $250 so you might check to see if your flights are good prices now!

IDK if you went ahead and bought flights this morning but I woke up and the AA airlines flight I was looking at for 8/29 dropped in price by like $250 so you might check to see if your flights are good prices now!
I haven't bought them yet we haven't had a chance, but that's great to hear! I'll take a look tonight

Yes-the AA flights were a surprise here too, so much that my wife is going to wake up to her Valentine's Day gift of a surprise trip to Paris. We are going over RunDisney weekend, probably 3-4 days at Disney then another 3-4 in Paris itself. Was shocked to get the low price from Lexington of all places, our airport is ridiculous when it comes to flight pricing.

Yes-the AA flights were a surprise here too, so much that my wife is going to wake up to her Valentine's Day gift of a surprise trip to Paris. We are going over RunDisney weekend, probably 3-4 days at Disney then another 3-4 in Paris itself. Was shocked to get the low price from Lexington of all places, our airport is ridiculous when it comes to flight pricing.
Yeah ours was out of Charlotte! I don’t care where we fly out of if it saves us $400 haha

So we are booking our flights tonight. There are three direct flights that night and I'm trying to figure out which to pick. We are going to leave after work on Thursday and try and not take any additional time off, but I might leave an hour early if I have to.

Option one: British Airways at 6:30pm and we'd arrive at 9:30am in Paris. I don't love how early this one leaves, but we are traveling on British Airways to go to London in May so we'd have a lot of miles saved up on this airline we could eventually cash in.

Option two: Delta 7:40pm arrive 10:40am in Paris. I've flown Delta international a few times, the last time I flew with them was a year ago. This is most expensive of options, but only by about $50.

Option three: XL Airways France 9pm arrive 11:50am. I don't know anything about this airline. I do like that it leaves late so I might actually sleep on this flight and not be so jetlagged when we arrive. This is the cheapest option, but only by about $50

Which one should we do?

Ultimately it's your choice, but I would choose the British Airways one, because it gives you the most time in Paris. I know you have a shorter trip so any extra time is good! Plus earning those extra miles could save you some $$ down the road.

Have you tried taking melatonin as a sleep aid? I use that paired with something called No Jet Lag and the combo works really well for me to sleep on overnight flights and prevent jet lag.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I would choose the British Airways one, because it gives you the most time in Paris. I know you have a shorter trip so any extra time is good! Plus earning those extra miles could save you some $$ down the road.

Have you tried taking melatonin as a sleep aid? I use that paired with something called No Jet Lag and the combo works really well for me to sleep on overnight flights and prevent jet lag.
I've never tried that before. I mostly don't sleep on planes because flying scares me, but if the flight was near when I normally start getting ready to go to sleep maybe I would from pure exhaustion lol. I do like the idea of getting a lot of points from British Airways though.

I wouldn't look at $50 more or less. On the total of this trip, it's nothing. I've never heard of XL Airways and I work for a European (half French) airline ;-) If the timing of this flight works out the best, look at some reviews online.

Personally I would go with BA as well. As @dolewhipdreams says most time in Paris. It's going to be a short trip anyway, and by getting there early you could take things slow. If you do not sleep on the plane, you'll be exhausted. By getting there early (and hopefully have a room ready early as well), you could unwind in the hotel for an hour or two, and get a refreshed start in Paris.
Also if BA is in your Frequent Flyer Program, I would definitely go with this one.

I wouldn't look at $50 more or less. On the total of this trip, it's nothing. I've never heard of XL Airways and I work for a European (half French) airline ;-) If the timing of this flight works out the best, look at some reviews online.

Personally I would go with BA as well. As @dolewhipdreams says most time in Paris. It's going to be a short trip anyway, and by getting there early you could take things slow. If you do not sleep on the plane, you'll be exhausted. By getting there early (and hopefully have a room ready early as well), you could unwind in the hotel for an hour or two, and get a refreshed start in Paris.
Also if BA is in your Frequent Flyer Program, I would definitely go with this one.
Ya we are going to have a lot of miles with BA because we are flying first class to London in May. I figure I'll be jetlagged no matter what. Do hotels have rooms that early? I know here they aren't typically available until 3pm.

I've never tried that before. I mostly don't sleep on planes because flying scares me, but if the flight was near when I normally start getting ready to go to sleep maybe I would from pure exhaustion lol
I can totally understand that. I prefer melatonin over an actual sleeping pill like Ambien because it doesn't make me feel drowsy the next day. It's also really cheap and comes in gummy form, which I'm all about :P

Do hotels have rooms that early? I know here they aren't typically available until 3pm.
This I'm not sure of, but you can at least drop your bags off and if there's a lobby or restaurant you can sit and relax for a bit at least.

Ya we are going to have a lot of miles with BA because we are flying first class to London in May. I figure I'll be jetlagged no matter what. Do hotels have rooms that early? I know here they aren't typically available until 3pm.

You can always ask when you check in.
Even when you travel with hand luggage only, you're probably not in the city before 11am. Which is usually check out time. Maybe you are lucky and you can get a room that's not been used or the one which is cleaned the first. And otherwise, just drop off your luggage and relax in the lobby / restaurant.

We are getting an Airbnb for our upcoming trip. I like the privacy of having an apartment, the convenience of having a kitchen and the authenticity of staying in a neighborhood.

We found a great place very close to Notre Dame.

We'll be staying at Maison Astor Paris, a Hilton Curio Collection hotel. Used Hilton Honors points to cover the stay. First time to Paris!

We're trying to figure out WHERE we want to be during our post-Disney Paris week! My goodness, so much to choose from! I've been to Paris before, but as a starving student or just on my way to Versailles prior to another event. Narrowing down to AN hotel is going to take much more effort!

Because we are a group of 5 adults (DS20, Myself & DH and my parents) we ended up choosing Residhome Paris Opera where we were able to get a 2-bedroom apartment. I don't know if we will use the small kitchen, but the convenience of all being together and having a little extra space was a big draw for us. The location works well for our day at DLP since we have only a short (5 minutes) walk to the RER A.

Does anyone have an opinion if you need to go to London also.....fly rt to london and take train back and forth to
Paris or fly rt to Paris and take train back and forth to London?

Prob spend 4 nights london 3 paris.

Does anyone have an opinion if you need to go to London also.....fly rt to london and take train back and forth to
Paris or fly rt to Paris and take train back and forth to London?

Prob spend 4 nights london 3 paris.
Have you looked into pricing for just flying into London and out of Paris (or the other way around)?

Have you looked into pricing for just flying into London and out of Paris (or the other way around)?
Yes and it is really expensive. That was my first choice. Not sure its because of the dates or what. I'm hoping
the train is not terribly expensive. I didn't know DLP wasn't quite in Paris lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter