What I don't understand about PS - DTD?

thatgirl'smom

Earning My Ears
Okay, we're going in early May for 4 days/3 nights and I made one PS, a while ago, for Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on the night of my daughter's birthday (she's turning 4!). It was odd and somewhat difficult to do because how would I know what time we'd like supper 45 days in advance? I have no idea how our days will go (our little family has never been to DL/DCA before) and I hope the time I reserved will be good.

Anyhoo... I'm interested in some of the DTD restaurants and also Storyteller's (we'll be staying at the GCH), but I really don't know what will strike our fancy when we're there. If I made no PS, how likely are we to be seated at a restaurant... like how long do you think the wait would be? I know if we go off peak meal rush times the time to be seated will be shorter, about how long do you think? We'll be eating breakfast and lunch in the parks on the go and I think it would be nice and relaxing to have a sit-down dinner each night, ideally with some healthy food! :) Do you recommend PS or do you think we can wing it? Once we get to the hotel, can we call for PS like an hour beforehand? Or is it "you snooze, you lose"?

Sorry for the rambling question... I appreciate your advice! :goodvibes

Well - going in May means you'll be hitting the beginning of the 50th celebration, and it will be CROWDED. I would recommend a PS for DTD.
With small children, Rainforest Cafe is always a good bet. My kids love going there and we have to go everytime we're there now! It's a very Disney-like experience!
I certainly don't advocate no-showing reservations, but there is no penalty if you make a reservation and then realize you can't make it. I always bring the phone numbers I need if we have to make a cancelation.
Even if you go at an off-peak meal time - with large crowds, there will still be a wait - and remember, everyone there is off on their meals because of the nature of going to theme parks!
Have fun!

Unfortunetly at many of the resturants you have to make a PS or choose to not eat there. Storytellers, Blue Bayou, Goofy's, Rainforest Cafe etc. So the best bet is to just make the PS at the time you would normally being eating. Knowing that you have these PS, just don't snack within a few hours of these meals (of course with kids you do have to play that part by ear).

We don't make many PS's because I we don't eat at a lot of the sit downs. But for those that I do, I just plan our day around that PS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter