3. Try dinner at Cabanas
4. Try breakfast in main dining rooms
5. Play Bingo

Won't Do:
1. Remy Brunch
2. Rainforest Room
3. DVC Welcome Party

Will Do/Will do again
1. Order room service for morning coffee, mornings of port days- this worked great!
2. Book private excursions. We’ve done this on all of our 3 (2 RCL, 1 DCL) cruises. I enjoy the planning and it saves money
3. Brunch at Palo- loved it!
4. Bring more small bills for tips both in port and on the ship.
5. Bring alcohol on board to enjoy in our room- we enjoy a few and this worked well for us. We still enjoyed some of the bars and that but brought wine to dinner etc.
6. Let DD stay in Edge till late- she is an easy kid who always woke up ready to go- she loved being able to stay late.
7. Aquaduct- so great! Will do it more at night
8. Bring a pharmacy- we ended up using a lot of what I brought
9. Late seating- works well for us
10. FE/other group activities such as mixology- very much a highlight for us
11.Book with DU- loved our gift basket and OBC!
12. Book shuttle to the port from hotel with Cortrans Shuttle Service- they were right on time (actually a few min early) and the cost was awesome! $20/person!
13. Order Mickey bars, cookies at bedtime- DD loved it and had no issues with sugar rush
14. Bring our snorkels/masks- saved the cost of renting and we used at other ports. We didn’t bother with flippers as you don’t need

Won’t Do:
1. Turn on the TV – we didn’t and prob won’t
2. Worry about a veranda cabin- although we enjoyed it on the Fantasy, we’ve had an inside on RCL and tbh it wasn’t that bad. If it works out that we can get one- great if not, we are fine without. Would rather focus the $ on excursions etc. We aren’t in the room much
3. Make such a detailed spreadsheet of our plans- it really wasn’t necessary- ok I probably will, just because I like spreadsheets ;)
4. Bring as many pairs of shorts- I ended up in Sun dresses/cover up all the time
5. Book a car with Budget- although the car we got was good, the wait was not! Their line was the slowest and seemed to have the least amount of shuttles
6. Set luggage out- didn’t like the frenzy packing

Will do again
1. Ride the Aquaduck as many times as I can! Lines were short on embarkation and Castaway Cay day.
2. Order room service coffee the night before to be delivered in the morning, and later at night before disembarkation morning. Got it at ten the night before we left and it was still hot the next morning at six thirty.
3. Sit on my balcony lots, especially as we pulled into ports, late at night and early in the mornings.
4. Enjoy the adult only pools/hot tub.
5. Get the drink of the day and save the glass so it is cheaper.
6. Go to another tasting. Loved the stem to stern wine tasting at Pink.
7. Go to Skyline-the neatest bar with fun martinis and friendly staff.
8. Go to Cove Café for coffee drinks and free delicious snacks.
Will not do again
1. Go to the Rainforest. Been there now and done that, and didn't see the big deal. It was crowded, and this was Castaway Cay day. "The word" must have gotten out!Although a unique experience going from one type sauna to different types of showers, I didn't want to spend lots of time there. And all the heated loungers were full every time I looked during the hour and a half I spent there.
2. Eat every night in one of the main dining rooms if I don't feel like it. We did not like the food that much anywhere but Enchanted Garden, plus meals took a long time. For the first time in any of the cruise lines we have experienced, we really liked the Cabanas buffet as much as the food in the MDRs. But I know food likes are very subjective, and this is just me.
3. Take a night light, high lighters, or shoe bag storage hanger, which sounded like a good ideas from these boards, but I didn't really need them. Did the air freshener for the bathroom!
4. Go to the shows-no need to see them again. No need to see Villains Tonight in the first place in my opinion!
5. Worry about so much. No one stole anything from the Fish extenders, no loud people in the hallway or unruly kids, etc.

Will do again

1. Stay near the port the night before. I don't live too far from port (about 3 hour ride) but it is just easier to stay the evening before so I don't feel so rushed in the morning.

2. Go during the Merrytime. They decorate very nicely.

3. Get a room with either a window or veranda.

4. Watch the shows from my room.

5. Prepay gratuities and bring my own Thank you cards for the cast members.

6. Rent a tube from CC.

7. Book port adventures for almost every port.

8. Pre purchase picture package

9. Skip the sail away party. I just used that time to get familiar with the ship.

10. Download Navigators app, it was so useful with planning and communicating with the rest of my party.

11. Request our own table. Even though we usually still end up befriending the table next to us since most of the tables are so close anyway.

12. Order coffee the night before and request wine glasses.

13. Park at port.

14. Decorate stateroom inside and out, DS loved it.

15. Buy Gift cards from Sam’s club to make purchases, and settle account.

16. Cruise last minute if possible, got a great Florida resident rate earlier this year.

Won't do again

1. Stay in an inside stateroom.

2. Eat in the MDR every night

3. Miss the fireworks (On my very first cruise I fell asleep and missed the entire show :guilty: )

4. Get off in Nassau just to walk around. It was a bit stressful.

5. Forget to plan for downtime.

6. Book just a three night unless it is B2B, just not enough time.

7. Buy snacks from the theater.

8. Forget to bring antacids.

Will do again

1. Stay near the port the night before. I don't live too far from port (about 3 hour ride) but it is just easier to stay the evening before so I don't feel so rushed in the morning.

2. Go during the Merrytime. They decorate very nicely.

3. Get a room with either a window or veranda.

4. Watch the shows from my room.

5. Prepay gratuities and bring my own Thank you cards for the cast members.

6. Rent a tube from CC.

7. Book port adventures for almost every port.

8. Pre purchase picture package

9. Skip the sail away party. I just used that time to get familiar with the ship.

10. Download Navigators app, it was so useful with planning and communicating with the rest of my party.

11. Request our own table. Even though we usually still end up befriending the table next to us since most of the tables are so close anyway.

12. Order coffee the night before and request wine glasses.

13. Park at port.

14. Decorate stateroom inside and out, DS loved it.

15. Buy Gift cards from Sam’s club to make purchases, and settle account.

16. Cruise last minute if possible, got a great Florida resident rate earlier this year.

Won't do again

1. Stay in an inside stateroom.

2. Eat in the MDR every night

3. Miss the fireworks (On my very first cruise I fell asleep and missed the entire show :guilty: )

4. Get off in Nassau just to walk around. It was a bit stressful.

5. Forget to plan for downtime.

6. Book just a three night unless it is B2B, just not enough time.

7. Buy snacks from the theater.

8. Forget to bring antacids.

I second you on the Navigator App-we didn't even carry the Wave phones unless DGS was in the clubs. I loved that you could see all the days as soon as you board and not have to wait for the paper copy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter