What if my kid can't run her race?

GracefulHyacinth

Earning My Ears
Hello! Newish to the forums & very new to RD. I'm registered for the W&D 5k next week & my daughter is signed up for one of the kids races (she's 7).

And being 7, she's just injured her ankle in dance class. At the moment, husband & I are debating whether to even mess with a whole big family trip or postpone it & I'll just go down by myself & do my race & come back. I think even if she did come with me, running/even walking the race will be a bad idea & rather than have her sit in a car for a full day only to hobble around ESPN seems cruel.

SO! My question-- can anyone tell me more about the structure & logistics of the kids runs? I'm assuming I can still pick up her bib & shirt at the expo when I get mine, but what about the medal? I know it might seem a small thing but she was so excited about it (it's got Figment this year & he's her favorite), and we've been telling her she can do her race at home when she's better and earn it still.

Do you think they'll give me a hard time? I was just going to go over to ESPN on the kids race day, on time as if she were with me & ask a CM but figured someone here might have more insight on where specifically to go or if it was a lost cause.

Thanks for your help with my silly little problem!

You'll definitely be able to get her bib and shirt no problem!

As far as the medal ... you might be able to talk to someone at Race Relations, but it's more than likely that she'll have to be present to receive the medal.

Bib and shirt yes.
Medal I wouldn’t count on it in any way.
Disney is generous with medals, but you do have to start the race at least.

You'll definitely be able to get her bib and shirt no problem!

As far as the medal ... you might be able to talk to someone at Race Relations, but it's more than likely that she'll have to be present to receive the medal.
Darn. Ok. I guess I'll have to see how badly she wants it then . Thanks for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter