What if there is snow in Florida!?!? Feb 28-Mar 7, TR of First Timers…Updated 3/29

clambert1273

Mouseketeer
Hello DIS! Welcome to my first ever trip report (about anything lol). I suppose the important thing at first is to introduce the characters – and believe me… we are characters So here we are..

i7a1whD.jpg

There is me (far left), DD (21) next, DS (15), DH and the princess diva herself (7). I will warn you this will be a picture heavy TR – we have LOTS! Lol

This trip started on a whim which I started a PTR for and there were many adjustments on the way. Finally everything was settled, ADR’s picked, FP’s picked and we were ready… then came the wait.. oh lord the wait..

So about us a little bit… we are displaced Californians so Disneyland was our “thing” and had never been to Disneyworld at all so we thought why not!! Now mind you, my DH hates ALL things Disney and is frequently cursing the purchase of Star Wars lol The rest of us love Disney movies and watch them religiously and the Diva, well you can imagine. She is ALL THINGS princess so this was centered around her and meet & greets (lord help us all….).
The two weeks before we were due to leave, the weather had no mercy on us. We even live where it doesn’t snow much but apparently that mattered little this year. We ended up with almost 15 inches on the ground by the time we were supposed to go… was NOT pleasant here.

qZncXON.jpg

This is just trying to dig out the driveway so the van could get out to the airport the next morning. The airport we were flying out of was an hour away so we were nervous. So the car gets dug out and loaded and away we go…..

DAY 1 - Unplanned
Day 2 - Where is your boarding Pass?!?!?!

Last edited:
DAY 1 - THE UNPLANNED, February 27

So our first day actually started the day before our flight. Since we were worried about roads, car even getting out of the driveway etc... I booked 2 hotel rooms in Richmond and we took off the afternoon of Feb 27 instead of waiting until 4:30am Saturday morning to catch our flights.

We figured this gave us enough time to get to Richmond and unwind before our early morning flights on Saturday. Oddly enough, I got no pictures of this hotel or anything before we left lol

Now my 7yo is a worrier - I mean the girl will STRESS about anything. When we get up the 28th to head to the airport she starts stressing and the conversation is similar to this:

"Mom... what if we get there and there is snow in Florida?!? I don't want snow in Florida"
"Don't need to worry about that, there won't be any and it will be warm!"
"But mom, what if it isn't? What if Disney is closed and its too cold"

Nothing I could say or do at this point would calm her down so we had to let her wait and see... so finally we get to the airport around 6am Saturday morning.....

DAy 2 - Where is your boarding pass?!?!?

We get up from the hotel and make it to airport around 6am. All goes smooth and we get through checking our bags, get our boarding passes and head to security.

Security went fairly smooth and quick and by 6:30am we were walking back toward the gate. I spy a coffee place and stated that I was going to go get my coffee.. period.. end of story. My oldest decides she wants to go with me and my DH decides that he must go buy everything in Hudson news... why oh why...

As we are getting our coffee, I ask my oldest for her boarding pass so I could check the grouping since we were flying Southwest and I had Early bird check in. We were all in the A group but I wanted to be sure we didn't all go at separate times.

She starts looking and getting frustrated - I just stared at her (mind you I haven't even HAD my coffee at this point) then out of my mouth... "WHERE is your boarding pass?!?! You JUST had it at security and you LOSE it within 20 feet???" This means NOW she is going to have to go to the counter at the gate and get another printed... OY!

Well guess what, we get to the counter and there is a massive LINE.. apparently a flight was canceled so it was full of the ones trying to get another flight. Which put her in the back of the line and with little time before we boarded... talk about Mom being overloaded at this point.

She keeps getting OUT of the line to come ask me a question.. *** lol I told her to stand there and too bad if she didn't like it - she is the one that lost her boarding pass! Southwest handled it well and asked all the ones with the canceled flight to move away from the counter so the people from our flight could get to it before boarding.

She got her boarding pass and we were FINALLY getting on the plane - WOOHOO!!

ihjD5Rr.jpg

2.5 hours later - we are in Florida. Even though that day was "cooler" and raining - we didn't care. 66 degrees seemed much warmer and there was no snow!! Now we (typical tourists) walk around trying to find DME LOLOL that was comical... Finally we get to it and ALL of our bands are in the bottom of my carry on *sigh* so I have to dig them out... but TADA - we all got on!

V7UblOF.jpg

Ih6Fa8s.jpg

Now every time I try to take pics.. my oldest has to try and photobomb with a creeper look.. I don't know why....

On the way!!

ANIaiKt.jpg

And finally - the Beach Club!

ral6CHJ.jpg

vXwyPiq.jpg

ZbDuIW2.jpg

hBYyMBp.jpg

Why didn't I get pictures of our room - who knows but I didn't LOL I will say we had room 3707 and it had a full balcony with the awesome roof top view BUT it wasn't bad really... well except for the beds.. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.. story for another time..

So it's raining and 66 degrees that day.. all day... we were happy we had no plans except to hang out at the resort. My 7yo had other plans in her head...

"Mom I want to go swimming.. "
"Girl it is too chilly and it's raining"
"But mom there are other people in it so it's fine..."
"You will get sick and then you won't have fun.."
"I promise I will not get sick and its heated!"

This went on for like 30 minutes... DH, DS and the oldest went to check on haircuts and go to arcade and I spent my time arguing with a 7yo who was adamant that she was getting in the pool...

Guess where I was..

MR0Pocr.jpg

vXD8iRj.jpg

See that little speck on the left in the water by the rock... yeah that's her..

We had lunch at Beaches & Cream and then went to dinner at Cape May Cafe. We liked the food at almost everywhere we ate :)

Finally we were exhausted and went to bed to prepare for tomorrow - EPCOT!

Day 3 - All things Princess

Ah yes, big day for the Diva. We had Akershus princess storybook breakfast booked early and she had no idea (yay mom!).. so we walk to the International Gateway.. that was an awesome quick walk.

We had to wait a few before they would let us in for the reservation so we sat down for a bit and then went through the gate. Of course, we had NO idea where we were going so we just followed the other people lol hoping they would lead us in the right direction..

Soon enough we were checking in for breakfast.. she had no idea what was in store and immediately when she walked in, Belle was waiting. Let me tell you - this child filled up 2 autograph books while on this trip so she NEVER forgot it lol

l7nW6r6.jpg

FlcvLcF.jpg

rnYHDh5.jpg

See that smile??? Oh it gets much better... We were seated and soon the princesses were making their rounds... She about lost her mind...

Arial was AWESOME - I can't even begin to describe the interaction. This is one of my favorite pics from the trip.. Arial popped up with "fishy face!!"

WUSNNWi.jpg

f2QPy5U.jpg

KXF5830.jpg

kcsRaB8.jpg

Her mind was blown and she was a happy camper for the rest of the day.

On our way to Soarin', we were greeted by a squirrel.. this was no ordinary squirrel and my kids named him Chuck. He came right up to them and when they put their hands out - he high fived them lol He was really cute..

FVs3k5C.jpg

ggOZmPE.jpg

My oldest said she wasn't feeling well and went back to the room after breakfast so she never got to experience Epcot.

We got done with breakfast and headed right to Soarin' because that is one of her favorite rides (from Cali). The wait was easy with less than 20 minutes.

I don't remember the exact order we did everything but we did Mission Space (green), DH and DS did it again with Orange, Test Track, Sum of All Thrills (twice), The seas with Nemo and Turtle talk. She got to meet the characters at the character spot - this was priceless. So Since I can't remember all the order, just going to bombard the pics lol

hQeEPC0.jpg

etM8Y3k.jpg

Xzkkub4.jpg

iECQt4y.jpg

8RdcCp3.jpg

CcsQwyK.jpg

GDlabaf.jpg

9cVua0e.jpg

We had dinner reservations at Coral Reef - this ended up being our least favorite food wise. After dinner, we went and sat down and waited for Illuminations - which was awesome.

We have video of Illuminations but no snapshots :(

Great start (once the boarding pass situation was resolved!). So amazed the diva wanted to swim in the rain. The interactions at Akershaus are great! Looking forward to more updates.

Following along! The Ariel picture is too adorable!

We were there the same week and from a similar area of the country (SE VA for us)! I was so happy to escape the snow!

Great start (once the boarding pass situation was resolved!). So amazed the diva wanted to swim in the rain. The interactions at Akershaus are great! Looking forward to more updates.

This child will swim anywhere, anytime and in any weather... it is amazing... the best is yet to come and I will be updating today!

Following along! :-) Looks like a great day at Epcot!

It was awesome - just wish I would have gotten to the countries instead of being stuck in futureworld lol

Following along! The Ariel picture is too adorable!

We were there the same week and from a similar area of the country (SE VA for us)! I was so happy to escape the snow!

You don't have to tell me - I was soooooo ready to get out of here!!! lol

Day 4 - "You must not know what is like to have young kids".....

Today was Animal Kingdom day! I have to say this is the one I looked forward to the most as an avid animal freak lol We arrived early and got our proverbial pictures with the sign (of course!)

jo8fAsW.jpg

EeBPPAY.jpg

We had to wait to be let in and there was a slight crowd (nothing major). Once we get inside we head straight to the safari.. duh lol We get to the safari and start going through the maze of the line... As we are going through the line, we are immediately bombarded and cut off by about 12 cheerleaders who were "catching up" to the group.. Fine, whatever. At this point, my irritation is building..

We keep going through the line and then get immediately cut off by an entire family.. let's just say my irritation hit its point.. I remarked loudly to my husband "Oh how nice" .. and at that point was met with "we were parking a stroller.. " After continuing to walk, they stop ahead and we move around them and at that point the grandmother or whoever pops off with "Some people don't know what its like to have young kids.. " I laughed.. loudly as I had my 3 children with me who at ONE point in their life were young..

Now before I get bashed, I don't care if you have small kids, strollers or whatever. We had them once BUT we also knew how to do things.. Park the stroller then enter the line AT THE BACK .. whatever..

So we get on the safari - which was amazing considering I love wild life. We were sad there were no giraffe's out :(

After the safari, we wandered around and grabbed some quick breakfast. We rode about everything there that day lol We also went to Rafiki's planet watch.. I have to say that Chip & Dale ruled this one.. they played with my little one so much (putting the autograph book on their head etc..) She still talks about it lol

We did have lunch at Tusker - it was amazing and we really enjoyed it.

We somehow managed to convince the diva to ride Everest LOLOL oh my, bad mommy. I bribed her with $5 and a pin :D she was a trooper and rode it without freaking out too much but has stated to us that if we ever go back she is NOT riding it again lol

Again, I am a horrible trip writer and can't remember the order of anything so welcome to picture bombardment!!!

ZM5N90x.jpg

romzAT5.jpg

18x9yua.jpg

Ccc9ueB.jpg

njJAg7Z.jpg

PKorjtp.jpg

i7a1whD.jpg

lJnFnDF.jpg

n9OcisL.jpg

UhET6Dn.jpg

YgV63Ly.jpg

zkvnB4p.jpg

uC39PJG.jpg

KIwU7IJ.jpg

LG77XeR.jpg

Now that you are thoroughly sick of my picture palooza lol This evening we ate at T-Rex in Downtown Disney... kids loved this place and the food.. OMG - HUGE portions lol

MACjUE1.jpg

fbFy8rn.jpg

HOoUVg3.jpg

A5fZZuH.jpg

twvGIvg.jpg

and that's a wrap ... :)

Day 5 - My nipples hurt!!!

Today was rest day for me and the diva... the DH, DS and oldest girl went to Universal.. you have to understand that my oldest is a Harry Potter FREAK and this was her Christmas present so she was STOKED for this.

uEstm0D.jpg

While they left early to go to Universal, the diva and I had plans.. breakfast at Cape May! This was really awesome and she enjoyed it thoroughly.. of course when has she not enjoyed a character meet ..

xXjirNP.jpg

r2Gkidd.jpg

JcP3ITo.jpg

TzwhjND.jpg

EhF931p.jpg

After breakfast, of course, was the pool - if she went in it during rain of course she was going to go in while it was nice and warm lol 10am - pool day begins..

3rAdlwu.jpg

GA68QuZ.jpg

Moscato Colada... MUST HAVE!!!

Zgxkpnm.jpg

Now this day since it was a good rest day, I decided to do some laundry since it was so warm that week and we didn't pack ALL shorts and stuff.. oh yay.. laundry lol While I was doing that, I let her play on the beach ..

tiX1SY7.jpg

Was an absolutely beautiful day... then her and I had a date that evening at Captains Grille.

Now... as we are coming inside from the pool (around 5:30pm - count up those hours she spent in water lol) and walking through the lobby.. this child yells in the lobby.. and I do mean yelled...

"MOM!! MY NIPPLES HURT!!!" - yeah you read that right... and that began a whole other saga .. I mean what do you put on that!! Sure enough, they were sunburned.. don't ask me how that happens because I have no idea..

After dinner, the other 3 get back to the resort and open their mouths about wanting to go swimming - guess who wanted to go AGAIN :confused3... lord help me..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter