What in the Sam Hill am I gonna do!?

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Ok..so like soooooo many of us, I had reservations in April but had to cancel. So when I called to reschedule I asked to rebook the Fort for Oct. 3-12...and,of course, nothing was available..
Now I need to explain that I'm a retired cast member and qualified for a CM discount which was needed considering DH and I are footin the bill for 10 people ( DD,DS,DS,DD and SIL and 3 grandkids) Our dates are not flexible as DS is active Marine so this date is pretty set. That being said the ONLY options were Boardwalk, and ASSports...Well, the money tree in the back yard is now a stump so considering we need 4 rooms ASSports was our only option!😏...
With our kids being grown adults and dont need direction on maneuvering around WDW DH and I are willing to rent a cabin if it becomes available and just meet everyone else at the gates..no need to be in the same resort. JUST WANT TO GET MY FORT FIX!
So opinions appreciated, would you call every week to try to get a campsite or cabin or just stay put where we are...I've stayed in ALOT of resorts and hands down FW is our favorite....

Ok..so like soooooo many of us, I had reservations in April but had to cancel. So when I called to reschedule I asked to rebook the Fort for Oct. 3-12...and,of course, nothing was available..
Now I need to explain that I'm a retired cast member and qualified for a CM discount which was needed considering DH and I are footin the bill for 10 people ( DD,DS,DS,DD and SIL and 3 grandkids) Our dates are not flexible as DS is active Marine so this date is pretty set. That being said the ONLY options were Boardwalk, and ASSports...Well, the money tree in the back yard is now a stump so considering we need 4 rooms ASSports was our only option!😏...
With our kids being grown adults and dont need direction on maneuvering around WDW DH and I are willing to rent a cabin if it becomes available and just meet everyone else at the gates..no need to be in the same resort. JUST WANT TO GET MY FORT FIX!
So opinions appreciated, would you call every week to try to get a campsite or cabin or just stay put where we are...I've stayed in ALOT of resorts and hands down FW is our favorite....
Yeah.... keep trying. Did they actually look for you to try to find a spot? Last I knew WDW simply wasn’t taking ANY new reservations for anywhere or anytime at this point (DVC members excluded for DVC resorts). Have they actually started accepting new reservations?

bsjs0708,

We are having our DISMeet during your stay. We have a contract with Disney for a block of REGULAR Premium sites. We still have space available currently but in a few weeks the block will close. PM me if you want more info or read the sticky here on the main Camping Board (which is an update) or the main thread on the Camping Community Board about halfway down (the intro data is in post #2).

You don't have to hang with us but we need to fill up our spots that we are contractually bound to Disney for. We are working through a travel agent and if we don't fill them organically, she'll fill them with customers on her contact list. We'd love to have you join our block if you can (need multiple sites for 10 people? we also have a few cabins as part of the contract).

Again, PM me and we'll "talk". :chat:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter