What in the World?!?! Security Lines Down Harbor!!!

If you showed up today anytime after 8 you were waiting a LONG time! We got here early and there was zero line.

The park is nuts today, busier than we’ve ever seen it, mind you it’s a long weekend so you had to come today expecting it. Ariel is a 30 min wait if that adds context? I overhear all kinds of people completely surprised at the lines though.

They are upgrading the security lines on Harbour, looks like it’ll absorb tones more people once done, one can only assume ahead of SWGE.
Omg I’ve been there when Ariel was 30 min wait- that’s crazy for this time of year!

Excellent news about the security line upgrades.

Both security lines for DTD were insane around 10:30. Thankfully we were checking out today, but we had breakfast at Steakhouse 55 this morning. The lines were so ridiculous and disorganized to get back into DTD that we headed past PP to check out at VGC. I’m guessing the Celebrate Gospel festivities; crazy dance competitions taking place at the DLH Convention Center; and long holiday weekend contributed to the insanity!

We aren’t bringing bags with us tomorrow unless we get there plenty early, it’s our 5th day and we got so much done our first three days when it was really quiet that we are also really glad this isn’t how our vacations started!

We aren’t bringing bags with us tomorrow unless we get there plenty early, it’s our 5th day and we got so much done our first three days when it was really quiet that we are also really glad this isn’t how our vacations started!
Right? I couldn't believe the difference between Friday and Saturday!

Right? I couldn't believe the difference between Friday and Saturday!
There was a huge difference between Friday and Saturday last week, too. After going in July and August for the past two years (when Saturdays are nice and calm), it was an amazing thing to see. But when I look at the AP blackouts for our July/August vs February dates, the only difference is Deluxe.

There was a huge difference between Friday and Saturday last week, too. After going in July and August for the past two years (when Saturdays are nice and calm), it was an amazing thing to see. But when I look at the AP blackouts for our July/August vs February dates, the only difference is Deluxe.
I think this is partially due to the ticket deals right now (which have no blackout days until April, and which a lot of former AP-holders bought for this spring instead of APs). It’s also hugely due to the weather.

Ugh this has me worried for our trip in March! I don’t mind waiting in line for some things, but I think an hour wait to get through security might start our day off badly, lol! We will be there March 12-15...

We parked at Toy Story around 9, and while lines were back to Harbor and turning that corner, we got dropped off on the “pick up” side and then funneled to the middle, so we only waited a few minutes. We got really lucky.

They have made a ton of progress on the security construction - the side we were on had a metal detector for each line - so I’m hopeful it’s going to be a smoother process moving forward.

Yesterday we arrived at 8:30 for a 9am opening, and security was fine and a normal length. Within 25 minutes we were inside DCA.
In our experience when you arrive for opening the lines are not so bad. The later in the morning the worse. And the closer to opening too. Like arriving at 9 for a 9 opening will be much worse than arriving at 830. It didn't used to be so bad but the internet spreads information. People read they should arrive for opening and head straight to RSR or PP, so they do. I think people are crazy when the Peter Pan line is already longer than 30 minutes and they're still lining up when all the other Fantasyland rides are walk one. But they read it online soooo...

In our experience when you arrive for opening the lines are not so bad. The later in the morning the worse. And the closer to opening too. Like arriving at 9 for a 9 opening will be much worse than arriving at 830. It didn't used to be so bad but the internet spreads information. People read they should arrive for opening and head straight to RSR or PP, so they do. I think people are crazy when the Peter Pan line is already longer than 30 minutes and they're still lining up when all the other Fantasyland rides are walk one. But they read it online soooo...
Yep, I never use the Harbor entrance. But I feel like the same is true for Mickey and Friends. If I am not there for rope drop, I just wait until a couple of hours after the park opens to the let the morning rush die down. Then it is usually fine.

Curious if the lines are still super long? We will be there on April 3rd through 9th. We are WDW veterans, so we are not quite sure what to expect. We also like to attend at rope drop. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Curious if the lines are still super long? We will be there on April 3rd through 9th. We are WDW veterans, so we are not quite sure what to expect. We also like to attend at rope drop. Any suggestions? Thanks!
The lines are typically the longest just before and for an hour or more after the parks open. So arrive 30 min to an hour before park opening and you will find the security is easier to get through. The earlier the better. Also DCA commonly lets guests in 20 to 30 min before opening and DL usually 15 min before. So arriving early is really to your benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter