What is a disney ride you will never ride again

Anything that goes in circles/spins - Teacups, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is rough on the back with the whipping back and forth!

I usually avoid Splash Mountain - the one at DL doesn't have restraints and I hate bracing myself during the drop, I always feel like I'm about to fall out!

RNRC, the start of that one hurts me so bad that the rest of the ride is just pure pain. I've tried bracing my head to the back rest but it still bounces around like a beach ball.

Space Mountain. Just not my idea of a good time. DH used to go on it without me til last time he hurt his back on the ride, so now it's a no-go for him as well.

the Matterhorn bobsleds were not built for people with long legs.

Meanwhile (over at WDW) the prime-evil whirl (spelling intentional) threw me around enough to bruise a hip. Is that supposed to be fun?

Also not a fan of Mission Space.

Last edited:
I vote for mission space, orange. Rode it once when it opened and was sick for an hour after.
Peter Pan, I know, I know, it is iconic. We finally stood in line and rode it to see what the long lines were all about. When we got off the ride, we looked at each other, and said, "That's it?, I don't get it". I know it's an unpopular opinion but there it is.

Splash Mountain. I am NOT a fan of roller coasters and also prone to motion sickness, so I don't ride things like Space Mountain, Everest, Mission:Space anyhow. I have ridden Splash maybe 6 times. I HATE the dropping feeling- I spend the entire ride dreading what is coming, anxious about the drop- and it takes the fun out of it for me SO I decided that I am done with Splash.

I used to HATE that dropping feeling. Then my sister gave me a tip that changed everything, she said it was because I was tensing up my legs and body. So I relaxed my legs the next time and guess what? No more yucky dropping feeling.

Yeah. Really just a pretty standard wild mouse steel coaster, but dressed up. It was originally called something else. It was an original ride at Disney California Adventure. That part was built on the cheap with a lot of cookie-cutter rides that one might find in a regional amusement park.

I used to HATE that dropping feeling. Then my sister gave me a tip that changed everything, she said it was because I was tensing up my legs and body. So I relaxed my legs the next time and guess what? No more yucky dropping feeling.

That feeling is really about your internal organs dropping at a different rate than the rest of you body. Relaxing helps, but you're always going to feel it.

I can't do Tea Cups or Star Tours. Spinning rides and virtual rides make me sick anymore.

Mission Space. I rode it years ago (back before there were two different versions). I don't remember feeling sick or anything, I just remembered not being very impressed with it. I guess if someone in my group wanted to ride, I would, but if it's left up to me, I won't. As I've gotten older things tend to bother me more so I would want to stick with the side that is tamer. I just remember thinking it wasn't worth my time waiting in line.

Kali River Rapids and Grizzly River Run. I did GRR in 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then in 2016 four people were killed on a similar ride at Dreamworld in Queensland, and it was truly horrifying. I then went on KRR in 2017 and just didn’t enjoy it as I couldn’t get those poor people out of my mind. I know Disney’s safety procedures are much better (e.g. at Dreamworld nobody knew how to use the emergency stop whereas my sister’s roommate at WDW worked attractions and sometimes had to stand with her hand poised over the button with her eyes glued to the ride - and that was for the Magic Carpets!) but it just makes me too anxious.

small world. let's just say that you do NOT want to be trapped for an extended period of time on it during a breakdown :scared1:

Went through that as an 8yo! Plus Jungle Cruise in the dark and Haunted Mansion facing backwards on a slope with a screeching bat in front of me. For a 3 day trip we had really bad luck!

Mine is Goofy's Sky School. I have back issues. I ignore the "do not ride if you have spine issues" signs most of the time because most rides don't bother me by Sky School messed me up.
It messes up my neck, yet I still ride it. And even though it's a small coaster it's kind of terrifying.

Splash Mountain for me. Haven't ridden in years. Last time I did, I felt a snap-crackle-pop and couldn't move my neck/head for days afterwards. We went to the beach after DL and they would just park me flat on the sand since I couldn't move. Not fun.

....I will, never, ever, ever, ever, EVER Ride Horizons again.

popcorn::

Another sad one, especially seeing how many people list Mission: SPACE on their "never again" lists. I mena, I like Mission: SPACE but I loved Horizons!

Last edited:
Another sad one, especially seeing how many peopel list Mission: SPACE on their "never again" lists. I mena, I like Mission: SPACE but I loved Horizons!
rip__emoji_for_discord__by_asterocrat_dc1vc84-fullview.png
Horizons....:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter