What is a "Welcome Home" trip?

TigerInGa

Earning My Ears
New to this. I'm learning that DVC has it's own language and acronums. I've been pretty good about figuring them out, but can't figure this one out.

We just put in a contract for SSR (I learned that acronym :) ), and I keep reading about people's "welcome home" trip. I've derived that this means your first trip as an owner, but is this just some jargon used on here, or is it something official? In other words, when we book our first trip, should we expect something special? If so, is it for direct buyers only, or resale too?

Direct only.

They *sometimes* have inventory they can offer. But they cannot use cash inventory rooms. In my experience it is very limited. I got my 9th choice of resorts, for example. But it was also 6 months out and in October... so beggars can’t be choosers.

A Welcome Home trip is when your guide for a direct purchase help you book your first trip at a DVC property, often 6 months or less from arrival, and particularly during busy times, when certain room sizes are generally already booked up at all DVC resorts. There really wasn't such a thing when we bought, as DVC was new and usually had plenty of availability, except at Christmas (there was a lottery system for Christmas reservations back then)

Direct only.

They *sometimes* have inventory they can offer. But they cannot use cash inventory rooms. In my experience it is very limited. I got my 9th choice of resorts, for example. But it was also 6 months out and in October... so beggars can’t be choosers.

That happened to us, as well, when we first purchased. We took it, but canceled it, paid cash for where we wanted to stay, and rebooked the points for a later date. Didn’t want to use the points and not be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter