what is check in like when you rent DVC points?

Exactly the same as checking in for any other hotel or stay. We did get beads/lei. We weren't handed a drink, but there is complimentary flavored water stationed near the front door. You can also do online check-in and there is a CM stationed out front who has your welcome packet ready when you arrive, so you can skip the front desk.

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of checking in.... it's checking in?

Assuming it's booked under your name, which it would be, it's a breeze. I rented DVC points for my week long stay and at check in, you will be greated by a cast member at the entrance who will ask for your name under the reservation. Guys get the beaded necklace, ladies will get lei'd, and little kids will get a necklace with a menehune. Tell you a bit about the entrance and ask for a credit card and ID. From there, you have the opportunity to have the staff bring up your luggage to your room so you can walk around or go straight up there yourself.

Most people do not know, but as a DVC guest (rented or an actual DVC member), you can get FREE laundry. You are allowed 20 coins per day, just go up to the front desk and ask for the coins, they'll confirm you are in a DVC room, and give it to you. I've had so much coins left, I gave them to a lucky couple where their expression said "this place IS magical!".

Assuming it's booked under your name, which it would be, it's a breeze. I rented DVC points for my week long stay and at check in, you will be greated by a cast member at the entrance who will ask for your name under the reservation. Guys get the beaded necklace, ladies will get lei'd, and little kids will get a necklace with a menehune. Tell you a bit about the entrance and ask for a credit card and ID. From there, you have the opportunity to have the staff bring up your luggage to your room so you can walk around or go straight up there yourself.

Most people do not know, but as a DVC guest (rented or an actual DVC member), you can get FREE laundry. You are allowed 20 coins per day, just go up to the front desk and ask for the coins, they'll confirm you are in a DVC room, and give it to you. I've had so much coins left, I gave them to a lucky couple where their expression said "this place IS magical!".
great to know about the laundry. I think we have a washer and dryer in our room but would be great if you had lots to do and you wanted to get it all done at the same time lol! How any coins does a wash/dry use?

Do they give you the coins if you have a 1bd/2d/grand villa that has a w/d? I had previously read that they give the laundry coins to DVC guests in a studio since those don't have a w/d in the unit.

Do they give you the coins if you have a 1bd/2d/grand villa that has a w/d?

Nope, you just use the w/d in the villa. They do give you at least one pack of laundry detergent, but you should bring some detergent and dryer sheets for more loads. We use the 3-n-1 laundry sheets.

great to know about the laundry. I think we have a washer and dryer in our room but would be great if you had lots to do and you wanted to get it all done at the same time lol! How any coins does a wash/dry use?

FWIW, there is one laundry room in each tower. They each had 2-3 washers and 5-6 dryers, from what I recall. One of the washers was out of order in our tower (Ewa) and the other two were occupied, so I had to haul everything to the Waianae tower where luckily both of the washers were free for my loads. There were baskets waiting when I came back down to change the load. I don't recall how much it was, but we had enough coins to do two loads in the washer and two in the dryer. The machines were pretty fast, but I am surprised they didn't have more available.

I was under the impression the coins were for guests staying on points in a studio since they don't have access to laundry in room, but perhaps its for anyone staying on points regardless of the room type. I can't confirm. I do know it has to be a points reservation (renter or owner) because they verified that when I requested the coins. If you're a DVC owner staying on a cash reservation, no free coins.

It is 3 coins for washer and 3 for dryer. Only get coins if staying using dvc points in studio.

Also there is a DVC checkin line at the front desk this past past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter