What is closed in your community....?

I went shopping this afternoon. Let's put it this way, my family and I should be able to make things last for at least 2 weeks with what we have in stock plus what I purchased. We will ration certain things though like bacon. I managed to get 4 12oz packs since that was the limit. Am I lucky? sure we will go with that. However, this morning my wife went though our pantry and wanted to see what can be be made with on hand like bread. We can make bread. We have plenty of items to eat and snack on. We just wanted to make sure if there is a complete shut down which I have a feeling is coming for some reason as our governor likes to say knuckleheads a bunch. Politics aside. However our stores are limiting the number that go in. Everyone is suppose to wear masks. I would say at least 20 percent in the store were not which is disturbing. We can only purchase some things in a limited amount as well. I can say I hope we do not need to purchase anything for the next couple of weeks. We are once a month type people to begin with.

I can still get beer from the local craft brewery. I became a huge supporter of this place recently after seeing what the ownership has been doing for the community. I had the beer a few times in the past but since the restrictions of travel and gathering, I order once a week for a stock up. That reminds me. I need to order beer.

One last thing, everyone who is a regular around here and has met @snowmedic knows he as nice tent compound set up for the Fort. We all remember the fort right? LoL Luckily I don't forget non important things such as birthdays and the like. However, I had to sleep on the couch since my wife was not feeling well. That was the last night I slept there. The next day because I remember Vince
s tent set up and those comfortable looking elevated air beds, it made me think a bit. The local Walmart had one in stock. So the last couple of nights I have been living like a snowmedic in my living room. Luckily it is not Covid 19 but of all things, chicken pox. My wife never had them she was a child. I had them and had a really bad case. My DD got the vaccination but still got a mild case even after the boosters after years back in which I had to isolate my wife from her. While I was at work, my mother would come over for care giving duties since my father never had them. However, it's like camping right now with whole crazy thing.

At this time 3 years ago (give or take a week), we were driving to Florida for a surprise spring break trip. My DD asked if there were magic bands in the Easter basket this year. Sadly, no.

I have 2 queen size inflatable mattresses specifically because I saw Vinces setup in his tent.

I have 2 queen size inflatable mattresses specifically because I saw Vinces setup in his tent.

See Vince is inspiring others. Awesome!

Airbed, that’s all you got. I’m sure you could set up a 12x19 tent in your living room, add a fan and a folding table then you would really be camping the snowmedic way.

I have a small living room. Your tent is bigger than my living room. The queen air bed pretty much filled up the floor space I have in the living room. We own a pretty small house. It's a typical 1920's summer lake home for the area. I might have enough electric to run a fan and set up a folding table in my bed room. :)

If ‘lil medic wanted to camp in the winter, I could set my tent up in the dining room for her and still have room to walk around.

We live 50 miles outside of Philadelphia. We have been in "stay at home" mode for weeks. We have three large grocery stores in our town, along with a BJ's, and I still have to go to at least two, sometimes three stores, to get all the food I need for the week-even with limits on amounts of what you can buy. All of our stores have people limits and one way traffic flow. Almost everyone wears a mask and stays away from each other. My one daughter (works for the county) doesn't come over anymore, just to be safe. (My two older daughters think my husband and myself are old-HA!!-and are very worried for us).

I got a 24 inch tall queen air bed with built in inflation and deflates the with a flick of the switch. Works really nice. DD has been making the bed at night and breaking down in the morning. Usually I find myself falling off the side and a cat on the bed curled up with a dog licking me wanting to go out.

Our (New Orleans) stay at home order is extended until May 16. Schools haven’t been officially closed for the year, but they clearly aren’t going back.

Hopefully summer camps can happen for the sake of everyone...

MS governor just announced schools closed until next year.

Wow, our governor announced back in March that schools would not be going back this year. We are one of the few states without a official "stay at home" order, but most are adhering to the 10 people limit, funerals limited to 10 people, etc, bars and restaurants are take out only, any place that can't keep the 6' rule is closed. Hoping things start to open back up here in middle of May but we will see.

Wow, our governor announced back in March that schools would not be going back this year. We are one of the few states without a official "stay at home" order, but most are adhering to the 10 people limit, funerals limited to 10 people, etc, bars and restaurants are take out only, any place that can't keep the 6' rule is closed. Hoping things start to open back up here in middle of May but we will see.

Our current governor Tate Reeves is actually an intelligent individual, unlike our past several governors. He was lieutenant governor for several years and was making a lot of progress on our dismal education system. He was seriously trying to keep us from losing ground but in the end he had to admit it was too risky. He's now taking advantage of it and pushing for more online class opportunities to help not only with a situation like this, but if kids are out sick or on a vacation (because some parents take them to Disney in October :rolleyes:), or during our "Oh my God, it snowed an inch!" moments during the winter.

In Austin, masks are required if you are in public at all. It is not a requirement Buda or Kyle where we live though.
Texas just announced they would be opening up in the next week. State Parks will be open on Monday: but you have to wear a mask, stay 6' away from people not in your family, and only groups of 5 are allowed... we are a family of 6. Can I cry discrimination against large families? :rolleyes1 I don't know if camping is going to be allowed yet, but we still have no taken our new camper out. Honestly, if I have to wear a mask, I'll stay home and wait to camp until this is all over.

All schools are closed for the rest of year (we homeschool, does not apply).
Walmarts are 1 way aisles now. I think it brilliant and may cut down on traffic overall, can that just be a thing?

May 1 the Governor will start letting businesses open back up in stages.

Texas just announced they would be opening up State Parks.

Walmarts are 1 way aisles now. I think it brilliant and may cut down on traffic overall, can that just be a thing?
Michelle,

I saw your SPs were going to reopen. I can understand that. When I'm camping, I rarely get within 10 ft of other people. It sounds like TX is trying to be rational with reopening. Hopefully people also are rational.

I wish our WalMart was that organized. They had entrance and exit doors designated with cattle fence. Same doors that have always been labeled "Enter" and "Exit", but nobody followed it. Now the fence makes it more obvious, but they are still right next to each other.

Inside, it is still business as usual... in other words, random wander shopping.

j

In Austin, masks are required if you are in public at all. It is not a requirement Buda or Kyle where we live though.
Texas just announced they would be opening up in the next week. State Parks will be open on Monday: but you have to wear a mask, stay 6' away from people not in your family, and only groups of 5 are allowed... we are a family of 6. Can I cry discrimination against large families? :rolleyes1 I don't know if camping is going to be allowed yet, but we still have no taken our new camper out. Honestly, if I have to wear a mask, I'll stay home and wait to camp until this is all over.

All schools are closed for the rest of year (we homeschool, does not apply).

May 1 the Governor will start letting businesses open back up in stages.
The group of six i would not worry about. If anyone asks , you have 2 groups of 3. Lol. They will not bother you anyways. A family is a family.
The masks i can see, but not in your group or outside in your group, as that makes 0 sense. For interacting with others if you had to, i can see you needing one. For a walk or at your campsite , nope.

The group of six i would not worry about. If anyone asks , you have 2 groups of 3. Lol. They will not bother you anyways. A family is a family.
The masks i can see, but not in your group or outside in your group, as that makes 0 sense. For interacting with others if you had to, i can see you needing one. For a walk or at your campsite , nope.

I like that- 2 groups of 3!
Well, it is day use only...so I'll just wait until camping is open and masks are off. I don't see needing masks for walking unless you do pass people on the trail, but we rarely contact anyone so I suppose you could "have" a mask and pop it on when you come into contact with anyone.

Ohhh, I just want this to be over.

@Teamubr i guess i am the guinea pig now. Georgia is going to open stuff up. At this point I will still be doing take out and trying to social distance. I will still run, walk mallory, and go to the grocery store. Hopefully maybe visit my folks but i am still not sure i want to do that. I guess go big or go home, but I think it is reckless. Georgia is way on the bottom rung for testing. The last i was aware you could still only be tested if you were in a high risk or first responder.

Our construction opened back up Monday with a 2 person limit, :confused3 Got a call from my boss to see if I wanted to work. I go in tomorrow and gather up the supplies I need to go to a hospital job we have been working on, then go in and work Thursday and Friday by my self. Then wait and see what the governor says Friday about lifting more restrictions. They do have work for me and one other person Monday pouring and finishing a basement slab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!