What is Dixie Landings new name???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncligs

Registered
I just found out the name(Dixie Landings) was changed, what is the new name?? And when and why did they change??

Thanks in advance!!!

Look under (Port Orleans) Riverside.
First the the two resorts were combined. Then one part shut down for rehab. Now there are reports of it opening slowly back up.
That's what little I know in brief.

Port Orleans and Dixie Landings were always considered "sister" resorts. They were close enough to walk between and the refillable mugs bought at one were good at the other as well. As I understand it, they wanted to bring the two resorts under one management team so they "merged" the two resorts into one Port Orleans Resort with two sections (still two different check-ins, etc.) called Port Orleans - French Quarter (the original Port Orleans) and Port Orleans - Riverside (the original Dixie Landings). This all happened about a year ago. I last stayed at Port Orleans in Jan/Feb 2001. The merger was underway but no name changes had occured at that time. All my paperwork, bills, etc all still said Port Orleans and not French Quarter.

With the drop in attendance after 9/11, PO-FQ has been temporarily shut down as it was the smallest of the moderates at just over 1000 rooms. The Mansion section of PO-R is undergoing refurbishment so some or all of that area is also closed at this time. PO-FQ is supposed to be accepting reservations for October at this time. I don't know the schedule on the Mansions at PO-R

I know that Acadian House at least is open in the Mansions. My mom is there now-it opened on Sunday-they moved form AB. FYI T

Thanks Bob,

We were there(food court only) last Feb 15-20 and they were still under 2 names. We are going down to OKW in 3 days, and will be visiting the food court at"Port Orleans- Riverside" again.:D

2002!?!!??! That is EPIC zombiness. Why don't people have ad-blockers on their browsers? I don't know how they live without them.

I hope they aren't going to be upset that their refillable mugs won't work

Dawn of the Dead thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter