• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is "Family Style" dining

sammi

<font color=purple>I'm a born traveller!<br><font
We have managed to get PS's for Ohana's Thanksgiving dinner and it states that this is "family style". I am hoping that this is where you are seated (NOT buffet) and they bring platters of food to your table?

We have one family member who prefers not to have to walk around a buffet (she has a disabilty).:D

Has anyone ever had their Thanksgiving dinner there? This will be a first time for us at this restaurant.

TIA!:wave: ::MickeyMo

Family Style usually means that they seat you are largish tables where you have your party, and potentially others to fill up the table, then they bring large dishes of food to the table and you sort of just serve yourself from the platters.

Z

At family style meals, large platters of food are brought to your table to be divided up -- you can ask for more of anything they have served.

Yes, you are seated -- its not a buffet.

Places like O'Hana's at the Poly, Garden Grille at Epcot, Whispering Canyon at the WL (they offer a la carte too) offer family style. The HDR show is family style too.

The LTT at MK has a great T-day family style meal w/ all the fixin's!

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your quick replies!:wave:

I was worried about this as a buffet is out but this type of dining is perfect for her needs!:D

I'm looking forward to our dinnner! Thanks again!:sunny:

Yep. That's what "family style" means.

Although if I told DH we were eating in a restaurant where the service was "family style", he would think that meant we would have to go into the kitchen, rumage through the fridge until we found something without fuzz on it, heat it up in the microwave, eat it standing up, and then fight over the last cookie in the box.

That's our personal "family style". ;) :p

LOL GEM that sounds exactly like our home style dinners too!:crazy: :teeth:

GEM, I am totally cracking up! That's EXACTLY how it works at our house too! By the way, your little guy is adorable and I enjoy reading your posts. He sounds like a very laid-back and lovin'-life kind of baby.

Sammi, I see you are expecting your first grandbaby. I got my first eight months ago and it's all you are hoping it will be and a thousand times more. It's the best thing that's ever happened to us. Congrats!

Congratulations cdrn1 on your new Grandbaby!:sunny: And yes we're really looking forward to this baby (especially since it's our first):bounce: :Pinkbounc

This baby already has tons of the cutest things and each time we wander through the stores my DH always grabs my hand and whisks me through the baby dept! lol:teeth: If everything goes well I'll even be there during the delivery and I'm sooooo excited!:D

Thanks so much for the congratulations! And have fun with your new little one too!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter