What is Fastpass and Baby swap?

mom2nickntink

WDW Newbie
What is Fastpass and how EXACTLY does it work for a group of 3 adults and 2 kids?

What is BABY SWAP? How does this work?

We are going with myself, my DH, MIL, DS (6) and DD (15 mo).

:confused:

Fast passes are tickets you get at the ride (you put your park entrance ticket into the fast pass machine and it spits out a ticket) The fast pass ticket gives you a time to return without a wait.

For rides that your little one can't ride (big thunder and splash mountain, ie), ask the attendant at the fast pass machine for a babyswap ticket. This allows the one who waited with the baby to ride it with the older child too.

It will work out really good for you. My 6-year-old is really into thrill rides right now.

Fastpasses in more detail.

Some rides will have Fastpass signs - not all rides have Fastpasses available. For those rides, there will be a clock with "fastpasses being issued for" and a time. If the time works for you, take the park tickets of everyone in your party and pass them through the machine. It will spit out a Fastpass ticket for each person. Look at the time window and remember it. Put everything (park tickets and fastpasses) away safely. Now go do something else (eat lunch, go on a less popular ride, or wait in line for a popular ride - whatever). When the time on the fastpass comes, go back to the ride and enter the fastpass line. This is the "cut to the front of the line line" and often entails no wait at all - but you will sometimes have a short wait anyway (wave to the people who haven't figured out the fast pass system - if you have a three minute wait - they have a 45 minute wait).

You can only have one fastpass per park ticket at a time, so when you get off the fastpass ride, get a new fastpass ticket - for the same or a different ride.

Your DD won't have a park ticket - don't worry about it - she will be able to board any ride with the rest of your party (unless there is a height restriction).

Last time I vistied WDW 2 years ago, I thought the FASTPASS system was GREAT! Really helped out and never had to stand in long line.

I didn't know anyhing about babyswap until I came to this board a few weeks ago. Thanks for the information. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter