What is going on with Disney parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that will be interesting to watch. We haven't seen any discounts yet outside of airlines. Some cruise lines have dropped prices for obvious reasons as well. Disney on all fronts is staying strong with no additional discounts yet and no price drops. My guess is they are waiting as long as they can before doing any of that. They don't want to jump the gun in case this is just a short downtime. The parks don't seem to be impacted much yet either. It is mainly the cruise lines seeing the biggest impact.
Disney actually has dramatically dropped cruise prices, but they have been selective in how they have done it so far. To get the really good deals you need to be a Florida resident or military. Also, there are a ton of great restricted guaranteed fares right now.

Disney actually has dramatically dropped cruise prices, but they have been selective in how they have done it so far. To get the really good deals you need to be a Florida resident or military. Also, there are a ton of great restricted guaranteed fares right now.
I’ll admit I haven’t paid too close attention to the prices but the are still light years more expensive than other cruise lines.

This is something that will be interesting to watch. We haven't seen any discounts yet outside of airlines. Some cruise lines have dropped prices for obvious reasons as well. Disney on all fronts is staying strong with no additional discounts yet and no price drops. My guess is they are waiting as long as they can before doing any of that. They don't want to jump the gun in case this is just a short downtime. The parks don't seem to be impacted much yet either. It is mainly the cruise lines seeing the biggest impact.
I'm not sure right now what's going to happen with the cruise industry and it kinda sucks really. In the past you could give discounts to entice people, smooth their concerns and alleviate their worries.

Has there been a warning from the CDC (ETA: meaning in the past for SARS, measles, flu, etc outbreaks) for all U.S. citizens, especially those of high risk for an illness (whatever that illness may be, to not travel by cruise? (honestly asking because I don't remember hearing such but maybe there was). It's one thing for individual people to be concerned, to cancel, or bookings be slow to be had in the first place but it's another for a government entity to give a warning such that they have and this just happened the other day.

I had already mentioned on another thread why it makes sense, to me that is, to give such warning for cruises and that I wouldn't attribute it to what Disney or anyone else would do for all other things. But in terms of Disney and all other cruise companies out there to be able to just apply discounts to make up for any loss in bookings that warning will heavily interact with it--I mean they can offer but will people take them up on that offer is the question to me.

I'm getting an ad on this forum to "Save Huge on Last Minute Disney Cruises. Click here!"
Yeah, good luck with that. The rate things are going there's going to be cancelled sailings before everything gets under control again.

Maybe less so with Disney, but the primary cruise demographics are those most vulnerable to the virus, and that's going to hit the whole industry hard.

I work for a large company that has its hands in several sectors of the travel industry on a global scale. This thing is creating huge issues and doesnt appear to be slowing down. Luckily it doesnt appear to be hitting the US as bad as other locations, but, the effect it has on Disney long term domestically will be interesting.

I work for a large company that has its hands in several sectors of the travel industry on a global scale. This thing is creating huge issues and doesnt appear to be slowing down. Luckily it doesnt appear to be hitting the US as bad as other locations, but, the effect it has on Disney long term domestically will be interesting.
Confirmed case numbers have lagged actual case numbers in every country so far and after that a spike in the death count has lagged behind the spike in new cases.

Confirmed case numbers have lagged actual case numbers in every country so far and after that a spike in the death count has lagged behind the spike in new cases.

This. With the US delay (mishandling) in test availability and testing actually being conducted, the reported numbers are assuredly far below the actual numbers. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

A lot of companies have put travel restrictions or additional travel requirements on their employees here so I'm sure that won't help.

For my husband's company travel restrictions for business are related to international outside of North America. International business travel has to go through many channels and has to be considered "mission critical". For leisure international travel we have to fill out online forms saying where we are going, what connections we would be making and when we would be coming back. IF you travel international you'll just have to expect in all honesty a 14 day self-isolation may be what his company advises he has to do upon your return. So that's weighing on our travel plans.

Some people on various other threads have said domestic travel is being restricted not just for business but for leisure. I'm not so sure they can really stop you from traveling leisurely but I'm sure they could require the 14-day self-isolation and I'm sure that's going to impact people's desire to travel especially if you're worried about pay, benefits and the like during that time period.

As more and more places pop up with the virus people's willingness to travel in general will probably go down.

I was just thinking last night it's a good thing Disney started all this updates, refurbs, additions, etc several years ago.

I was thinking it may affect Disney sooner than later b/c of the amount of international guests they get. Wondering if we will see better discounts to US guests to entice ppl.

I can def see it effecting airlines already, Im seeing 500 dollar round trip fare to Frankfurt Germany from Toronto seeing 290 from JFK to Paris , airfare isnt bad right now. If the oil price stays low, I expect it would even get a bit lower

A lot of companies have put travel restrictions or additional travel requirements on their employees here so I'm sure that won't help.

For my husband's company travel restrictions for business are related to international outside of North America. International business travel has to go through many channels and has to be considered "mission critical". For leisure international travel we have to fill out online forms saying where we are going, what connections we would be making and when we would be coming back. IF you travel international you'll just have to expect in all honesty a 14 day self-isolation may be what his company advises he has to do upon your return. So that's weighing on our travel plans.

Some people on various other threads have said domestic travel is being restricted not just for business but for leisure. I'm not so sure they can really stop you from traveling leisurely but I'm sure they could require the 14-day self-isolation and I'm sure that's going to impact people's desire to travel especially if you're worried about pay, benefits and the like during that time period.

As more and more places pop up with the virus people's willingness to travel in general will probably go down.

I was just thinking last night it's a good thing Disney started all this updates, refurbs, additions, etc several years ago.
We are under a No Travel rule ( International and domestic) for the immediate future, which makes some of our jobs very difficult as we travel extensively, particularly internationally to various vacation locations where we have bases. It also makes it hard to manage a supply chain which is already hampered by the issues in China. It certainly isnt fun and it has a lot of people on edge wondering about possible cuts in jobs if this hangs around and does even more damage to the industry.

I was thinking it may affect Disney sooner than later b/c of the amount of international guests they get. Wondering if we will see better discounts to US guests to entice ppl.
It could but at the end of the day for a lot of people in Manufacturing and travel industries, in particular ones with Global interests, discounts wont help a lot if people start losing jobs, which is a distinct possibility as this issue worsens and impacts global industry. Some products I had coming from China that typically have a 6 week lead time are now sitting at 180 days out at best. And some of my vendors who have components of their product coming from China are seeing the same issues. It isnt pretty

It could but at the end of the day for a lot of people in Manufacturing and travel industries, in particular ones with Global interests, discounts wont help a lot if people start losing jobs, which is a distinct possibility as this issue worsens and impacts global industry. Some products I had coming from China that typically have a 6 week lead time are now sitting at 180 days out at best. And some of my vendors who have components of their product coming from China are seeing the same issues. It isnt pretty
No I agree. It’s definitely not something I’m hoping for.

I can def see it effecting airlines already, Im seeing 500 dollar round trip fare to Frankfurt Germany from Toronto seeing 290 from JFK to Paris , airfare isnt bad right now. If the oil price stays low, I expect it would even get a bit lower
Just rebooked our flight on Southwest to Disney in April for nearly 50% off the original price we paid. Even domestic travel is seeing the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!