What is going on with the FP+ crackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
A friend texted me a blurb about a crackdown on extra FP+ a couple of days ago. By the time I got over to the Theme parks forum last night and all the threads had been shut down.

I just want the news and if it actually happened.

I always thought you had to enter the park on the media to use the FP+ but that could have been a leftover in my mind for the FP- so it was news to me!

Any discussion about any sort of loopholes that go against Disney policy is not allowed here on the Dis.

FPs are now linked to your tickets instead of your stay.

Okay, I'm confused by this. Does that mean as an AP holder I'm now only eligible to make 7 days of fp, even though I'm staying onsite for 2 weeks? :confused3

people were cheating, Disney caught up and is now enforcing only tickets that are scanned at the parks entrance will be allowed to use the fastpass on them, anybody trying to cheat will be caught and have their MDE account blocked and will need to go to guest relations in order to get their account activated ( and probably a lecture on not cheating again)

TWDC changed their enforcement of the TOS. We know the kiosks no longer allow for fast passes without a ticket used for admission.

people were cheating, Disney caught up and is now enforcing only tickets that are scanned at the parks entrance will be allowed to use the fastpass on them, anybody trying to cheat will be caught and have their MDE account blocked and will need to go to guest relations in order to get their account activated ( and probably a lecture on not cheating again)

The OP was asking for updates. There have been no reports of accounts being locked so far. This came from one article that was passed, word for word, to every fan site.

Last edited:

I suppose one way around it is to not ration, just do away with FPs altogether.
Man that would make me sad. The FP system is a huge improvement as far as I'm concerned. But I'm a big planner so ADRs, FPs, mobile ordering, online order ahead, online check in. I'm all in on all of this. Disney has made planning a WDW vacation a huge production before you go. A lot of hassle and homework. But once you get there, if you've done all your homework and put in the effort, you can do so much just by following your plan. I know people that hate that it's not spontaneous and that you can't just walk up to a restaurant or hop on some of the rides, but I love the convenience of having it all done ahead. Once I hit WDW I'm on autopilot and all the lines and waits and frustrations of planning fall out of memory and all the joys of minimal attraction lines and having the favorite restaurants locked in, and not arguing over where to go next do nothing but enhance the joys and memories.

I'm not sure how we went from "questioning why we allow these threads is against the rules" to not being allowed to discuss FPs at all in less than 12 hours. Can someone explain why the huge 180? I'm not questioning the moderation, I'd just like to know what happen.

Either way, did they break CPFP? I know they broke the kiosk FP, but all the other threads were gone so I have no idea what happened.

I for one am glad they closed the loophole and hope they also shutdown the CPFP loop.

Any discussion about any sort of loopholes that go against Disney policy is not allowed here on the Dis.

Thank you, rteez, for that. I get tired of all the arguing about the loopholes. So, good one Dis:)

They have always been linked to ticket media but apparently you did not have to actually enter the park with said ticket media in order to use FP+ selections that were set up with said ticket media.

Dis,

Please.

Staaaaaaaaaahhhhhhp.

Yea, well good for you, you knew what the heck happened. My niece graduates and all information is purged.

Link what you actual hard information you have.

I'm not sure how we went from "questioning why we allow these threads is against the rules" to not being allowed to discuss FPs at all in less than 12 hours. Can someone explain why the huge 180? I'm not questioning the moderation, I'd just like to know what happen.

Either way, did they break CPFP? I know they broke the kiosk FP, but all the other threads were gone so I have no idea what happened.

I for one am glad they closed the loophole and hope they also shutdown the CPFP loop.

Same here. All I wanted was info.

Jesh.

Yea, well good for you, you knew what the heck happened. My niece graduates and all information is purged.

Jesh.
The info is Disney is locking accounts so loopholes are unable to happen.

The DIS has a policy against promoting loopholes that Disney is not okay with.

The info is Disney is locking accounts so loopholes are unable to happen.

The DIS has a policy against promoting loopholes that Disney is not okay with.

And I am very OK with that! That is why I came over to Rumors and News.

But is it a rumor or is it a fact? Did they announce it? Did people get locked out? I am having trouble distinguishing what is real.

I am adamanatly against all cheaters for rides...

And here's why: if you have to scam to "get your money's worth" at a park...instead see them for what they are and raise hell/withhold patronage until the experience - legitimately the same for all customers - is worth the price.

This is what has been lost since the era of wdw expansion ended. The customer doesn't understand that the goals have changed and you have to have a brain AND a spine to get what you want in the future.

Crackdown on the scammers...then peel back the curtain...

Jesh.

There was a way to get extra FP's using old Magicbands. Thankfully, Disney finally closed his loophole starting June 6th or 7th.

A very long post discussing this action was deleted, The post had strong opinions on both sides; my wife read some of it, then poof, it was gone. I wish I could have read it, maybe even commented.

You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter