What is going on with the FP+ crackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the only solution, and it seems like it would be a very easy one to implement, benefits for on site stays only last as long as the on site stay.
The biggest hurdle will be a way to limit it in regards to FP, since that's tied more to ticket entitlements vs. room nights. Room nights are what unlock it. But if they can put the limit on it for ADR surely they can do it for FP too, somehow

I'm totally fine with this. I was just suggesting an easy way Disney to "close the loophole" if they wanted.

I don't know about that. My guess is most campsite bookings aren't for a week or longer. I would think actually campers are only spending 1-4 nights camping. I think making it a minimum two nights would hurt sales.

Maybe 1 night is allowed with the requirement that you physically check in at some point that day.

I actually don't have a problem with people buying two tickets and getting extra FPs thru that method (actually swipe both bands) so long as they aren't both APs.
They will both be APs for the savvy patron. I know that this is my plan of last resort.

Maybe 1 night is allowed with the requirement that you physically check in at some point that day.
Maybe but I think that opens another issue. Some people have to cancel for medical or family reasons. I don't think they can do some sort of must check in deal. Just too many what ifs and such.

Maybe but I think that opens another issue. Some people have to cancel for medical or family reasons. I don't think they can do some sort of must check in deal. Just too many what ifs and such.
If you're cancelling the room for an emergency then you don't need your fastpasses.

What difference does it make?

They can just drive up and check in. They can drive past their campsite and turn right around. Disney is not ever going to babysit people to make sure they set up their tent. And then physical checkin makes the front desk line longer.

What difference does it make?

They can just drive up and check in. They can drive past their campsite and turn right around. Disney is not ever going to babysit people to make sure they set up their tent. And then physical checkin makes the front desk line longer.

If you make exploiting a loophole a PITA then less people will see the benefit of exploiting the loophole. It takes at least an hour to get over there and back to check in. A lot of people won't want to waste that time.

I agree. And following along that line of reasoning, are the people who have groceries delivered by Green Grocer cheating Disney out of food profits? And what about the ones who drag large coolers around the park all day?

If someone wants to buy themselves two tickets, they should be able to get six FPs per day. A ticket entitles the bearer to three FPs. Two tickets equals six FPs. It doesn't matter if they are used by one person or two. From a bottom line perspective, Disney would make more money selling 2 tickets to be used by one person on the same day than by selling a two day ticket to the same one person. In either scenario, that one person should get 6 FPs.
I never meant eating outside of DW or bringing in snacks or food is cheating.

What I said was: Disney is losing that entire week's resort room reservation payment. PLUS people eating offsite for dinner after the park, and breakfast elsewhere before going to the parks from their offsite hotel.

That was specifically in reference to people who stay OFFSITE, but use ONSITE benefits their entire trip.

Disney does allow food and snacks, but if you stay ONSITE they are banking on people eating MEALS onsite. That's one reason why they offer free transportation throughout the property. So you don't feel the need to rent a car and then decide to eat offsite.

It's also why they don't give you a larger refrigerator. They don't want you stocking up food for the week. You can, but that's not what they are aiming for.

Disney wants their guests to stay onsite and spend money.

Guests don't HAVE to eat there. Of course not. I never meant to imply that. But there's no way Disney wants you to use the incentives they provide for guests who PAY and stay AT the resort for a week if you are staying offsite for the week and giving that money to another hotel.

Does anyone here actually think DW had that in mind? Seriously.

If you make exploiting a loophole a PITA then less people will see the benefit of exploiting the loophole. It takes at least an hour to get over there and back to check in. A lot of people won't want to waste that time.

Well, first, no it doesn't if you have a car. Two hour round trip from where?? Second, I don't think that's an assumption you can make. I personally think it's crazy to spend an extra $70-120 dollars for 60 day fast pass window. I mean other than plastic bracelets, that's the only amenity you're getting that I can think of. If they want that badly enough to spend that money, an hour is no big deal.

They should make them pitch a tent too. Empty campsite that is booked should be easy to spot. Cancel any FPs for that reservation.

How so? There were CMs there to check in the other guests.

The whole point of online check-in is to reduce the number of CM hours needed in labor (less people in line, less people needed to check them in)...now making everyone do physical check-in reverses that labor cut and will require extra CM labor hours every day for normal check-in time periods...

The whole point of online check-in is to reduce the number of CM hours needed in labor (less people in line, less people needed to check them in)...now making everyone do physical check-in reverses that labor cut and will require extra CM labor hours every day for normal check-in time periods...
But the suggestion was to require physical check-in if you are staying only one night. Maybe two. Anyone staying longer than that can do online check-in. That cuts down on the staff.

But I thought the suggestion was to require physical check-in if you are staying only one night. Maybe two. Anyone staying longer than that can do online check-in. That cuts down on the staff.

How's the Disney tech system gonna be able to handle that?? They can't handle any update lately...

And how do we know the % of 1 nighters vs others...maybe it will be 80% of guests...and more labor...and more pissed off guests waiting in long check in lines...

They should make them pitch a tent too. Empty campsite that is booked should be easy to spot. Cancel any FPs for that reservation.

:sad2: They paid for the room. If they checked in, they can use the site however they like. Sleep in the car, sleep in a hammock or trailer or night sack. It's just extra labor for Disney and all it would do is annoy the paying customer. Other campgrounds do that but other campgrounds get a lot of drive by customers. Disney does that, and the site just remains empty, and guest service deals with fast pass cancellations.

I literally see no benefit at all for Disney to do that as long as the person actually paid for the site.

How's the Disney tech system gonna be able to handle that?? They can't handle any update lately...

And how do we know the % of 1 nighters vs others...maybe it will be 80% of guests...and more labor...and more pissed off guests waiting in long check in lines...
Or maybe it won't.

Whatever DW does in the future to prevent the throwaway room "strategy" may very will ruin it for honest guests. And that goes right back to my point that the cheaters ruin it for those guests who play by the rules. It may be the reason they haven't done anything yet... weighing the pros and cons on who it will hurt and how to prevent a negative impact on other guests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter