What is happening at WDW March 16-24?

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
I checked RunDisney site, and it is not doing anything at WDW at that time. But there could be choirs and bands, and sports teams and all kinds of things.
I think Flower & Garden in on during that time.
Does anyone know what else?
Thanks in advance.

That is right in the prime of spring break dates, which is a very crowded time at the parks. Yes, Flower and Garden is on then, but if you're asking b/c of availability or crowd calendar levels, I'm betting it's just spring break. We're in what's considered a southern state and that's the week of ours.

That is right in the prime of spring break dates, which is a very crowded time at the parks. Yes, Flower and Garden is on then, but if you're asking b/c of availability or crowd calendar levels, I'm betting it's just spring break. We're in what's considered a southern state and that's the week of ours.
Thanks for the reply. Actually I got a surprise res, so am okay there. It is for my daughter---her spring break (she is a teacher), and with late Easter this year, I thought crowds would not be too bad. Just wondering what besides Food & Garden to expect.
Yes, with Easter being so late, many schools may not be associating their spring breaks with Easter. Her school district always has spring break at the same time, and just Good Friday off for Easter. (Maybe I am showing my age by thinking of spring break as associated with Easter anyway.)
At least the weather will be cooler, and not tornado season.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I got a surprise res, so am okay there. It is for my daughter---her spring break (she is a teacher), and with late Easter this year, I thought crowds would not be too bad. Just wondering what besides Food & Garden to expect.
Yes, with Easter being so late, many schools may not be associating their spring breaks with Easter. Her school district always has spring break at the same time, and just Good Friday off for Easter. (Maybe I am showing my age by thinking of spring break as associated with Easter anyway.)
At least the weather will be cooler, and not tornado season.
FYI - our school rarely associates spring break with Easter.
Spring break is associated with the end of the reporting period, so it only coincides with Easter by happenstance.
So it really has more to do with when they resume following Winter break, which is based on when New Years falls.

Like others said it is because of spring break. Most counties here in FL have the third week of March off every year.
I don't know what "it" is that you refer to.
I am not inquiring about crowd levels, I am inquiring about special things, other than Flower & Garden, that may be happening in that time period.
So what is the "it" that is because of spring break?

Last edited:
Disney just announced that Flower and Garden starts on March 6th next year.

Other than that I don't know of any other event running that week.

As previous posters have noted, spring break crowds will keep the parks busy.

I think part of the reason posters keep just saying "it's spring break" is b/c the original post kind of makes it sound like you're wondering why it's projected to be busy or hard to book - mainly b/c that's what many people automatically associate with mentions of cheer/dance competition. That was my first assumption, and why I asked in my first reply.

Other than Flower and Garden, to my knowledge there is nothing else special going on. New things do start at some of the parks beginning in January that may be continuing through March, like the new Lightning McQueen thing and the Incredibles at DHS, and the Mickey/Minnie update to Move it Shake it at the Magic Kingdom. Flower and Garden will include the concert series, if you're interested in that.

Like others said it is because of spring break. Most counties here in FL have the third week of March off every year.
I think part of the reason posters keep just saying "it's spring break" is b/c the original post kind of makes it sound like you're wondering why it's projected to be busy or hard to book - mainly b/c that's what many people automatically associate with mentions of cheer/dance competition. That was my first assumption, and why I asked in my first reply.

Other than Flower and Garden, to my knowledge there is nothing else special going on. New things do start at some of the parks beginning in January that may be continuing through March, like the new Lightning McQueen thing and the Incredibles at DHS, and the Mickey/Minnie update to Move it Shake it at the Magic Kingdom. Flower and Garden will include the concert series, if you're interested in that.

Thank you. Yes, I thought I answered I wasn't asking about crowds, but apparently not clearly enough.
The things you mention above do sound interesting. I read them in Jackie's article. Looks good.
There is always enough to do at WDW without extra, but they do so many limited time events and things now, it is easy to not even be aware of them until after your trip. There are MANY things I would never know about if not for Disboards.
Thanks again.

Most of the state of Texas has Spring Break the 2nd or 3rd week of March. Ours is that week, and we will be going. We are in Austin. I think most of the Austin area schools have it that week too.

Most of our public schools, private schools, and colleges have spring break that week (St. Louis, MO). I was originally planning to go down that week in case someone in my family decided to take a class (no one is in school at the moment). But then I looked at airfares and decided to go the first week of March instead, as it was considerably less per person and I didn't like the airfares for that week at convenient times. That first week includes Mardi Gras, but crowd predictions are still way lower than the more popular spring break week you are talking about. March is a really great time weather wise and I think you will have a fabulous trip, but you will not be alone. // More and more people are doing Orlando for spring break, but with how much fun it is down there and the great weather, I can certainly understand why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter