What is it like outside?

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha,

Very soon we will be there and I starting to pack. How is the weather? Is it getting warmer?:sunny:

More important, how is the air quality at this time of year? My grandson has asthma. He usually only has problems when he has a chest cold. But he has never experienced smog and now I am getting a little nervous. We are bringing his machine to be on the safe side. I remember reports in the paper about smog in the LA basin, but that was a while ago and I am not sure if Anaheim is in the basin???

Mahalo for your help.

Donna

Donna, it can be 85 one day and 65 the next....that's how it was last week. You should be prepared for both. It also actually rained here yesterday, unusual this time of year, but we are way below normal on rain so it wasn't bad.

The air quality has not been bad yet because it hasn't been that warm yet; once it warms up they will call it "moderate". We typically don't get the very bad smog alerts any more. Anaheim is inland so it does get smog, but not nearly as bad as some other areas.

Have fun! :D

Because Anaheim is so close to the Harbor/Beach areas, (especially newport beach) those coastal winds really clear up the air quality. If you are truly concerned, try to spend some time each day near big water masses in the parks. (i.d. - Rivers of america, and anything on the pier in DCA) The waters kick up some clean breezes, and can make breathing alot easier. I would be more concerned about skin care in truth. Because of those breezes pushing away cloud cover, the UV can be really high around DL. Make sure to pack some sunblock, even if you don't burn easily. - Better to be safe than sorry.

Believe me, I understand asthma, as I sufferred with it until I was 16. One thing that always helped me, and is a bit of a homeopathic remedy, is to drink a bit of black coffee during an attack, or to forestall an attack. If he starts wheezing or picking up some heavy breathing, just go grab a cup of joe. It always worked for me.

All my best
~Tina

Donna, it's getting HOT here, it's definitely in the 80s today. It's supposed to cool off by the weekend but it's warming up much more than it had been.

Enjoy your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter