What is "Jersey Week"?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
Hi,

One post said the 1st week of November is "Jersey Week".

Does this mean the school kids from NJ have a school break at this time and therefore there are more crowds at WDW?

(I'm a west coaster.)

Thanks,

Rhonna

The New Jersey teacher's association convention is held on Thursday and Friday in the beginning of November each year. Schools are closed for those two days. Lots of folks take vacation that entire week. "Jersey Week" is unofficial, but a reality in WDW. It's doesn't affect crowds that much at all, and it's a nice time to visit FL.

Originally posted by ncbyrne
The New Jersey teacher's association convention is held on Thursday and Friday in the beginning of November each year. Schools are closed for those two days. Lots of folks take vacation that entire week. "Jersey Week" is unofficial, but a reality in WDW. It's doesn't affect crowds that much at all, and it's a nice time to visit FL.

Just a quick question, don't they also get the Tuesday (Election Day) off and most make a full week out of this?
I know that the restaurants are very busy this week and I do see an impact on attendance.

you might get Election Day & Veteran's Day, also! MY DH is a teacher in a district w/ a large military population & they always get Veteran's Day off (he teaches in the same district he went to school in). Most of the districts in our area (South Jersey) only give Election Day if its Presidential. 90% of the people I talk to that go away (I'm a travel agent) do go to Disney, especially when the airfares cheap! IMO, if you can wait a week to visit, DO! The Convention has been the first Thurs & Fri of November for the past few years, but is sometimes scheduled for the second. Hope I helped!

Our school district only gets the two days off for the convention that week. Each district sets it's own guidelines for vacation times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter