What is replacing....

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
...the "Doug Live" show at MGM and when will it be completed....????

As of right now I am pretty sure that there has been no announcement as to what is going to replace Doug Live. Maybe it will sit empty for six years like 20,000 leagues. I don't see why they do not bring back Superstar Television or make a new Superstar television with updated shows. On that note also bring back the Monster Sound show because Sounds Dangerous in my opinion is awful.

Soapbox Time

The original theme of the Studios (one part working studios and one part theme park that took you inside the world of making movies/television) has basically been completely eliminated.

The Studios Tour has dropped the demonstration portions that were in the soundstages.
Superstar TV - gone
Monster Sound - gone

All that remains is Indy & the Animation Tour.

Everything else (while mostly very good) has nothing to do with making movies and TV. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I liked that concept.

It's the chief reason I prefered Disney-MGM to Universal when they first opened in 89-90.

There have been a few shows in that spot haven't there? Taking time to change them over probably isn't unusual.

...when were you at WDW? That same sign was up when we visited in November (2001)!!

It was up there in August 2001, but then went down..............

I was there in Janaury and it the "hiatus" sign was there.

Even though I still love Disney-MGM, I do also miss the older behind the scenes shows. I'd like to see them come back (or at least newer attractions along the same lines).

As for Universal - I went for the first (and only) tim in Jan 2000 and was very disappointed. The only 2 attractions that I enjoyed were T2 and the Hitchcock attraction (love his films!). I found alot of the attractions were old and run down. The King Kong attraction was not at all exciting - especially when being attacked by King Kong with limp (underinflated) fingers covered in what looked to be 6 inches of dust. And Universal has to be the only theme park I've ever been to that makes Disney meal prices seem like a bargain. My wife and I (travelling alone) had problems finding a quick lunch for under $25. This Jan, we never had a problem staying under $25 at Disney (and that was with our 2 kids along for the ride!).

...ditto. Did not enjoy the attractions, the park didn't seem as spotless as the WDW parks, not to mention lunch cost over $50 for fam of 5 and all we ate was pizza (& drinks!!!) We will be trying Islands of Adventure on July/Aug (hope its better than Universal Studios....)

The Studios Backlot Tour is still in operation is addition to Magic of Disney Animation and Indiana Jones. Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous replaced the Monster Sound Show... not a good replacement, either. I do miss Superstar Television, and have to admit, I never saw the Doug, Live show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter