• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Rice Cream?

It's a version of rice pudding topped with strawberry sauce. Very yummy and rich.

Rice cream ingredients:
1 lb. small grain white rice (not instant)
3 c. water
4 c. milk
1 t. salt
2 c. heavy cream
4 T. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract

Method of preparation:

Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes
until rice is tender and of a thick consistency. Let cool. Whip cream with
sugar and vanilla. Combine rice and cream and serve wtih strawberry sauce.

Strawberry sauce ingredients:
2 c. strawberry preserves
1 c. water
1 T. lemon juice

Method of preparation:
Combine all incredients in a blender and mix for one minute. Fresh
strawberries may be added if desired.

I thought it was something people allergic to milk could have? I thought it was available at some places in WDW.:confused:

Originally posted by MimiKay
I thought it was something people allergic to milk could have? I thought it was available at some places in WDW.:confused:

Isn't that called Rice Dream? I'm not allergic and have never tried it, but I seem to remember it mentioned.

wdw_dine_junkie,

It is called Rice Cream. It's also available in Restaurant Akershus.
Bon apetit!

Rice Dream is a drink, much like soy milk.

Rice Cream is the dessert described above.

Does anyone know if they have this at chef mickey? what about garden grill?

Originally posted by MimiKay
Does anyone know if they have this at chef mickey? what about garden grill?
Rice Cream is only available at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. As indicated Rice Dream is a non-milk product that comes in a milk-like drink as well as an ice cream-like product. I believe what you're asking about is called a Dole Whip. Those (Dole Whips) can only be found in MK at Aloha Isle, a counter service place. Dole Whips are GREAT for people who are lactose intollerant, but for people truly allergic to milk and all it's by products (whey, cassein) it's not an option, since one or both of those ingredients can be found in Dole Whips.

Hee hee...This post is like who's on first.

But seriously, I originally responded to the OP who asked if it was something allergic people could have.

I do understand that Rice Cream is the dessert in Norway and Rice Dream is the non-dairy product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter