What is something that is insignificant but you miss now that its gone at WDW?

I would also love if they started selling the plain, soft, white Mickey t shirts they used to sell in the 70's. I remember always bringing those back for friends.

I remember Ice Station Cool in WDW when there was ice and snow just in the entrance blasting you in the face! Awesome! But of late when I've gone, that is no more :( Is it back?

So much...

Ice Station Cool, Push, Beavertails, life before FP+, actual innovation in Innoventions (and all of Epcot, really), live music in each country, all the clubs at Downtown Disney (jello shots on the streets!!! It's NYE each night!!!), keeping everything "real world" out of the eyes of the guests, progress, Horizons, the prices, the decent food, the opening show at MK with the train...

Etc..

8-Trax
s!

My favorite club at Pleasure Island (besides the Adventurer's Club) was the short lived Cage, which preceded 8-Trax. Lots of great alternative, punk, and new wave music from the late 70's thru early 90's.

Also the days when characters just roamed the parks and you could chance upon them.

Diamond Horsheshoe's live shows. It was such a nice break from the heat, and ohhhh so fun to watch! the good ol' days.

Resort specific mugs is one of my big misses too. I used to get excited about what kind of mug I'd get on my next trip and now they are all boring.
I also miss when POFQ used to be called Dixie Landings. For some reason that name made the resort even better.

The trolley down main street. I sort of remember horses used to pull them. Then it became electronic. And they got rid of them entirely. Maybe in Disneyland and not WDW?

The Trolley still runs! A horse pulls it along and everything
You can ride it down Main Street with the Dapper Dans and then the Trolley show brings it back to Town Square

My favorite club at Pleasure Island (besides the Adventurer's Club) was the short lived Cage, which preceded 8-Trax. Lots of great alternative, punk, and new wave music from the late 70's thru early 90's.

What/when was Cage around? Never heard of it, and I loved PI! Especially the Adventurer's Club!

• The smell of the invisible ink they would stamp you with for reentry on your way out
  • The 1970's paper bags with the Mickey balloon head pattern
  • When (whatever it's going by now) was called The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village. There used to be really cool shops, one was devoted to plants and topiaries
  • When one of the shops in Frontier Land sold Breyer horses. I used to save my money and be thrilled at coming out with a new horse in a box with a handle (my daughter would have loved this!)
  • The game room at the Contemporary was amazing! There was also a little movie theater in the back. I love The Wave but that game room was pretty cool.

Yes! The invisible ink stamps for reentry! That smell is so nostalgic to me!

What/when was Cage around? Never heard of it, and I loved PI! Especially the Adventurer's Club!

Early 1990's.

https://d23.com/a-to-z/cage/

Cage Nightclub at Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World, featuring music videos showing on 170 monitors. It opened on April 7, 1990 and closed in December 1992. Formerly Videopolis East; became 8 TRAX.

I couldn't find any photos online. It had a stark industrial look inside with lots of chain link fence. The music was from Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, and similar. Then they had 80's New Wave nights, like The Cure, Depeche Mode, Erasure, A Flock of Seagulls, Siouxsie & The Banshees, etc. And some punk and goth thrown in too.

Early 1990's.

https://d23.com/a-to-z/cage/

Cage Nightclub at Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World, featuring music videos showing on 170 monitors. It opened on April 7, 1990 and closed in December 1992. Formerly Videopolis East; became 8 TRAX.

I couldn't find any photos online. It had a stark industrial look inside with lots of chain link fence. The music was from Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, and similar. Then they had 80's New Wave nights, like The Cure, Depeche Mode, Erasure, A Flock of Seagulls, Siouxsie & The Banshees, etc. And some punk and goth thrown in too.

I would have LOVED that, but my folks would never let me go clubbing on our WDW vacations. They were total spoil sports! I wish they had a club like that now!

I miss the Chicken sandwich Disney used to have at Tusker House before it became a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter