What is the best building to request at Aulani?

sizzlin’ bacon

Earning My Ears
Hopefully will be booking for September 2019 in a two bedroom. It will be only adults not bringing the kids. We want to be near the main lobby (we think) and main pool (lazy river). Is it possible to do that and have an ocean view, if not will ask for pool view? We are not getting a rental car so don't care about being close to the garage. Thoughts I will be able to call and make my request for a reservation next month.

Since the pool area is huge and the building is shaped like a v everything is near the pool. Since the lazy River goes around the pool everything is close to that too. If got want to be near the adults only pool that one is on the left side if you are facing Aulani from the beach. Not sure which one that is.

Since the pool area is huge and the building is shaped like a v everything is near the pool. Since the lazy River goes around the pool everything is close to that too. If got want to be near the adults only pool that one is on the left side if you are facing Aulani from the beach. Not sure which one that is.

That's the Wainae Tower.

We didn't find Aulani particularly large or sprawling, so we would have been happy with either wing. We were in Ewa, but Waianae would have been fine too. Everything at the resort is pretty centralized in between the two wings, so the walking distance between the two is negligible.

I do think Waianae may be slightly smaller, so perhaps a little quieter. Also less foot traffic, as the store and luau lawn are on the Ewa side. Waianae is also closer to the parking garage, and the spa is in Waianae. Ewa has views of the luau area, and is closer to Aunty's and Ama Ama. But again, not a significant difference in walking.

We have stayed in both. On the Ewa side, we had an island view and were lucky to be able to see the luau at night and to go to the evening movie on the lawn. On the Waianae side, in addition to being closer to the quick service and adult only pool, it was also closer to the Spa and the parking structure. Both are easy for lobby and pool access. I view neither side as superior.

We have requested and gotten Waianae tower overlooking the pool complex both times we have stayed at Aulani. I like this location as it is a quick trip down to the adult pool where we spend a lot of time, and coming out of the elevators on the lazy river side of the building puts you near Rainbow Reef, where we were able to get wristbands and towels with no line.

The main reason I like overlooking the Waikolohe Valley (that’s the name of the lazy river pool complex) is that we like to sit on our balcony in the evening, and we have been lucky enough to clearly hear the live Hawaiian music from the Olelo Room while sipping a cocktail in our PJs on our balcony. Heavenly! (For what it’s worth, we cannot hear any ambient noise inside the room with the sliding door closed)

I would focus your room request on the features that are more important to you rather than requesting a specific tower. For example, my request was “highest floor possible overlooking Waikolohe Valley, Waianae side if possible” but if being close to the elevator or overlooking the luau lawn are more your style, you could certainly ask for those. My only other tip is to make sure you’re not asking for a room location that’s not in your booking category - for example, if you ask for a high floor overlooking the Waikolohe Valley and you’ve booked an Island Garden view, they’re not likely to be able to honor your request and the room assigner won’t know what you’d actually want that’s in your booking category.

Thank you pepperandchips for your lay of the land!! What you asked for makes sense and sounds like what we would enjoy and that is what I like to do is give them specifics. We are booking a 2BR and ocean view so am I safe to say "highest floor possible also over looking Waikolohe Valley, Waianae side if possible" Can I overlook Waikolohe and have ocean view? I am leaning toward Waianae side based on what I have read and we are not bringing kids this trip, just 4 adults but like to give them idea of where we would like to be. Thanks again.

Can I overlook Waikolohe and have ocean view?

Absolutely! I wanted to post pics earlier but needed to resize first. Here’s our view (it was a studio that connects to a 1 BR so you could possibly even get this room if you book a 2 bedroom ocean view lockoff). We were in 1610, best Disney room I’ve ever had! This is looking in both directions from our balcony so you can get an idea of the sweeping view.

26D85B3C-4330-4CFE-B643-4B0F422C1C49.jpeg
(At the bottom of this photo approximately in the middle where those trees are is where the nightly musical entertainment performs)

5AFA840D-C239-4C7F-9351-3646F24BE483.jpeg

Pepperandchips that is an amazing view. DW and I are going first week of April for early anniversary celebration and are getting a 1br ocean view (which I assume your studio was). What I am wondering is could you see the sunset from your room or was it behind you where I should think about getting a room on the building across from this to see the sunset from our room.
Any help would be appreciated

Pepperandchips that is an amazing view. DW and I are going first week of April for early anniversary celebration and are getting a 1br ocean view (which I assume your studio was). What I am wondering is could you see the sunset from your room or was it behind you where I should think about getting a room on the building across from this to see the sunset from our room.
Any help would be appreciated
Happy anniversary! What a way to celebrate :lovestruc

Yes, we were in an ocean view studio! You would want a room facing the other direction for sunset. We had a lovely view of the sunrise... sort of. The buildings obscure the view a bit. We aren’t in the room much for sunset as I tend to want to go down to the beach area. When standing on the beach, the sun sets behind the point at the edge of the lagoon by the Four Seasons (at least it did when I was there in May, and in December it set by dipping below the horizon almost straight out from the lagoon). Let me see if I can rustle up some photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter