what is the best character meal for 2 yr

summerrose

Mouseketeer
Hello, We are staying at the CBR in June.What is the best character meal to take our daughter to?? can we get to chef mickeys from CRB??How soon can we make reseravation??Thanks!

My 2 Year old loved all the character meals!!!

But Minnie Mouse was her favorite :). Definitely do Chef Mickey's and if you can do a 2nd one, do one with the Princesses.

Teresa

The Crystal Palace in the MK is a great choice, and you probably won't have to go out of your way to go there, as its right at the end of main street. They have pooh, piglet, eeyore and tigger. They also let the kids do a little train type dance around the dining room. Plus, the added bonus of really good food! Make your PS (i think) anytime from 3 months out. It fills up fast.

How will we get to chef mickeys from CBR??Will it be a big hassle??How many buses will we have to take??Thanks!! Do they run before park opens?

It won't be a hassle at all :).

You can take the bus to the Ticket and Transportation center and then hop the monorail to CR.

or...

You can take the bus directly to the Magic Kingdom and just walk over to CR.

Hope that helps :)

Teresa

I am planning to make a PS for Crystal Palace, if you choice to also, just realize that it is a 60 day window. I am making mine on 3/26 for 5/26. My ds is 2 and we have taught him the character's names and I think he will enjoy it. We plan to do the character lunch as they serve B, L, and D as a character meal here.

If you shoot for a princess breakfast you can do the Princess storybook breakfast over in Norway in Epcot and that books and 120 days out the character breakfast at CRT books 60 days out. I highly suggest that you do not tell you dd that you are doing a princess breakfast until you have the PS, the CRT is difficult to get and you don't want to promise something that you can't deliver. I took dd who was 5 last yr to the CRT breakfast. She loved being with the princesses and the food was great, but I felt rushed.

Have fun;)

My vote would be for the Crystal Palace. They serve all three meals so you could pick the one best suited to your taste. The pooh characters are sometimes less threating to toddlers though i would caution you that many twos do not like any characters. I would sugest that you make your PS for several days into the trip and make sure that your DD likes the characters. You can always change the Ps if need be. I think that the PS time is 120 days for CM and 60 for CP.Have a blast.

Jordan's mom

I'll second Jordan's Mom. Some toddlers don't like characters and if yours turns out to be a "screamer" it will be one of the worst meals of your life. Schedule it a few days into the trip.

My daughter (at 2 1/2) loved all the characters, but my son (at 3 1/2) was far more tentative. Fortunately, he was willing to see them - as long as they didn't get too close. We did all the "preperation" stuff, they'd seen movies, seen tape of the characters interacting with real people - so they had some idea of size - were familar with the characters - and he was still very wary.

That said, if your kid likes the characters, I don't think there is a bad one. If your child likes Pooh over Mickey, choose a Pooh meal. Two is generally little enough that the princesses aren't a huge deal yet. I'll put in my normal plug here for considering family style (Ohana's or Garden Grill) over buffet (Chef Mickey's) just because they are easier on Mom and Dad.

Thanks for all the help!! I cant wait to go its a toss up between pooh and mickey shes loves both of them!! She has met them at mall things hopefully she wont be afraid.:D

got to Beach club breakfast-I know traveling over would be pain but Taxis are not that much-we had a very shy 2 year old and the chip there spend a long time warming her up - without that she never would have gone near any characters. Chip and Dale are really good with scared little kids.

Our 2yo DD loved all the character meals she has been to so far. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! Just pick the characters she would like to see most.

Another vote for Crystal Palace!!! It's our favorite meal in all of WDW and we make sure to go at least 2 - 3 times each visit. The food is wonderful (best on property in my opinion), the atmosphere is beautiful and the character interaction is the best around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter