What is the best way to get from the airport to Shanghai Disney?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Considering a quick trip from July 23rd to the 25th. 2 nights at the Toy Story Hotel probably only 1 day in the park. Coming from Beijing so it will be doable. It will be my daughter and I, what are is our best option getting from the airport to Disney?

The metro or a cab. I took the metro from downtown Shanghai and it was about an hour and it was super cheap. We took a cab back to downtown and it was maybe the equivalent of 25$ US dollars, probably took about 40-45 minutes. The airport is closer so travel time will be shorter.

While the metro is a great way to get around the city, I would recommend a taxi from the airport to Disney. The quickest way on the train would be to take the Maglev to Longyang Road, then change onto line 16, get off at Luoshan Road, and change onto line 11 which will take you to Disney. A lot of the metro stations don't have working escalators between platforms which makes lugging around suitcases a real pain! Then at Disney you'd need to take the shuttle bus to the Toy Story Hotel. Much easier to just get a taxi straight from the airport to the hotel that will take you about 20 minutes. Print off the hotel page from the Disney website in Chinese so your driver knows what you're talking about (they don't generally speak English), and make sure you have enough cash to cover the trip. I was charged 111 Yuan for my trip from the Toy Story Hotel to the airport.

Taxi sounds like our best bet. Easier to get from the airport directly to Disney. The park is open until 10:00 the day we arrive so I'd like to get to the park for a bit the evening we arrive.

Taxi sounds like our best bet. Easier to get from the airport directly to Disney. The park is open until 10:00 the day we arrive so I'd like to get to the park for a bit the evening we arrive.

Sounds like the perfect night for Ignite the Dream! What a wonderful welcome that would be :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the tips! I'll be there on August 3rd - 5th. I will definitely print the page from the SDL site in Chinese for our taxi driver!

So as long as we use the official taxi queue at Pudong airport or Disneyland hotel and bring our destination address written in Chinese it should not be an issue, right? I also heard that you should make sure the meter is running or ask an airport attendant before hand how much the fare should be...tripadvisor also says the best company in Shanghai use the light blue cars.

So as long as we use the official taxi queue at Pudong airport or Disneyland hotel and bring our destination address written in Chinese it should not be an issue, right? I also heard that you should make sure the meter is running or ask an airport attendant before hand how much the fare should be...tripadvisor also says the best company in Shanghai use the light blue cars.

To be honest, I was very nervous about using taxis on arrival, and it kind of worked out well that my first night was in the city so I could just take the train.

On my way back, I got bell services at the Toy Story Hotel to get me a taxi. Mine went by the meter, and I would probably recommend that as the safest way of doing it. I was charged 111 Yuan for the trip from the Toy Story Hotel to the international terminal at Pudong airport. You could probably negotiate a cheaper deal without using the meter, but only if you knew what you were doing and could communicate with the taxi driver.

I'd say you're on the right track with all of the tips you've mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!