What is the best way to make ADRs -website or app?

Disneyonmymind

DIS Veteran
Is there an updated primer somewhere on the best way to make ADRs. Its been a few years since I worried about this but I remember using the app on my iPad which worked very well. Last night I tried entering my reservation number in the app and it said it didn’t recognize it. :confused3

The website, on the other hand, has the reservation number but it always seems so slow. Is one browser better (ie Chrome or IE)?

Last edited:
I find that the computer is more reliable for booking. For viewing already-booked reservations, app/mobile is fine.

Some options didn't show for app or for mobile web for me. (Like, I could book Hollywood and Vine on my Android phone app, but I couldn't book the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V on it.)

I use the Firefox browser on my computer and Chrome on my phone and I don't have a huge issue. I think that the issue with speed and lag is mostlymon Disney's end and not mine. I have very high-speed internet at home and Disney runs slower on every device I use.

I quit using IE in favor of Firefox years ago because of lag and poor performance. Many websites also stopped being compatible with IE.

I think certain things including Cinderella’s Royal Table and Fantasmic packages have to be booked via website not app. I use Safari on my iPhone and chrome on iMac but my iMac is old so it’s slow because of that. I have booked some things using the app but probably the website would be best for making the majority of them (or like the 180 day ones where you’re trying to do one after another), but you may want to have both ready to go in case one is experiencing problems and the other isn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter