What Is The Cost?

Donald23

Mouseketeer
How much does it cost to rent a electric scooter at the WDW parks?

Is it cheaper to rent from a company off property or do most people rent from off property just so that they know they will always have one?

Thanks for the answers!

At the parks the initial charge is $40.00. You get back $10.00 when you return the ECV and key. If you go to another park the same day, you do not have to pay an additional fee, but do have to do another (refundable) key deposit. A week would cost $210, two weeks would cost $420.

The off-site companies effectively charge less for the first week. Walker, for example, charges $30 per day for the first week, but caps the charge at $199. However, if you keep the ECV longer than seven days the rate drops to $25 per day with a cap of $149, so two weeks would be $348.

Randy's costs less (I'm not sure how much) but you have to be present when the ECV is delivered and picked up. The others work through Bell Services.

There are several extra advantages for renting from off-site.

The ECVs are more manuverable (three wheel) than Disney's (four wheel) and can go faster (4.5 MPH rather than 2.0).

You have the ECV available to you all the time. This includes Downtown Disney, the sometimes very long hotel corridors, and for getting between your transportation and the parks

I have a knee condition, so I rent an ECV while on vacation at WDW. I would definitely rent an ECV from an off site supplier. I have only rented from Walker (1-888-scooter) & just did so last week.

I started using an ECV at WDW by renting one at each park. I rented from Disney for a few trips & learned over time that renting from Disney presented a few "issues:"

*no guarantee the park will have an ECV regardless of time of day; I was at EPCOT Mother's Day 2002 a half hour after the park opened & no ECVs available at either entrance; another time I entered the Studios in the early afternoon on a weekeday in early December & no ECVs available;

*if you want to park hop there is no guarantee of an ECV at the second park;

*four wheels on a Disney ECV vs. three on off site one (at least the ones I have rented from Walker); three wheels give me a better turning radius;

*battery holds up a whole lot better on the rented ECV from Walker vs. the Disney one; I can tell you where in each of the four parks where my Disney ECV "died;" last week Walker gave me an electrical cord that plugs into the back of the ECV & into the wall to recharge the batteries - it turns off when done;

*if you rent an ECV off site you will have it every where you want it - the parks, Downtown Disney, other resorts, etc.

As I mentioned I have rented from Walker Mobility. My experiences have been very good. The ECV has been delivered in a timely manner; the battery has lasted all day & night; the cost is similar to Disney & I have the ECV more than just in the parks; etc.

I use the WDW busses to the parks. Initially I was hesitant, but the bus drivers were so friendly & very helpful. The bus driver usually closes the front door of the bus & lets the guest with the ECV on through the back door with a ramp. There are two types of busses. Once you & the ECV are loaded & secure, then other guests are allowed to board the bus.

Have fun & enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter