What is the Dumbest thing someone

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
tricked you into believing or doing ?

At my work along time ago there was this secretary who was really built well, took great care in her appearance ? then all of a sudden she started getting a gut, my buddy kept telling me she was pregnant, he knows cause he could " see the glow" in her . So I asked her if she was pregnant :rolleyes:

A practical joke played on my husband by a friend... the friend was using my husbands old phone, and told hubby that someone named George kept calling and asking for him (since it was his old phone, even though the number changed). Called super early morning, late a night, Sundays, etc. Said it was really important he speak to hubby.

Friend gives husband the phone number, husband calls, very pissed off sounding (my husband thought it was a telemarketer type person), husband asks to speak to "George". Tells the person who answered that "this George guy" keeps calling, that he's annoying the person who now has the phone, "what is this about", etc, etc. The person who answered the phone says "Sir, do you know you're calling the White House?"... when George was president.

Hubby was like "holy crap! he got me!!" :rotfl:

A practical joke played on my husband by a friend... the friend was using my husbands old phone, and told hubby that someone named George kept calling and asking for him (since it was his old phone, even though the number changed). Called super early morning, late a night, Sundays, etc. Said it was really important he speak to hubby.

Friend gives husband the phone number, husband calls, very pissed off sounding (my husband thought it was a telemarketer type person), husband asks to speak to "George". Tells the person who answered that "this George guy" keeps calling, that he's annoying the person who now has the phone, "what is this about", etc, etc. The person who answered the phone says "Sir, do you know you're calling the White House?"... when George was president.

Hubby was like "holy crap! he got me!!" :rotfl:

lol, its a wonder he didn't get a visit from some men in dark suites

tricked you into believing or doing ?

At my work along time ago there was this secretary who was really built well, took great care in her appearance ? then all of a sudden she started getting a gut, my buddy kept telling me she was pregnant, he knows cause he could " see the glow" in her . So I asked her if she was pregnant :rolleyes:

You're supposed to say, what looks different about you? That'll keep you from getting in trouble when you're not sure if a girl is pregnant or not.

You're supposed to say, what looks different about you? That'll keep you from getting in trouble when you're not sure if a girl is pregnant or not.

I know, I knew. I just had a brain fart

I can't remember being tricked, but when we were living in Peru, we (the whole office, including the boss) really got my DH. The seasons are reversed in South America, and beginning in October, we would get a lot of TDYers (temporary duty visitors) from Washington as the weather got cooler and ours got warmer (although it was always warm). My DH was the admin officer and responsible for the "care and feeding" of these visitors. One year, we had at least 3 TDYers at post every day from Sept. 1 to the week before Christmas and DH was going nuts. Well, of course, we had to help him arrive at the nut house, so with the boss' OK, we dummied up a message from Washington proposing a visit from George, the Chief of the Employee Assistance Program (education about and treatment of alcohol and drug addiction etc.), to conduct a week-long training session for the whole office. DH hit the roof! He ranted and raved (mostly at me because George was one of my former bosses) for maybe 15 minutes before he went into the boss' offfce to protest. Apparently George would arrive the Friday before the Marine Corps Birthday Ball (the social event of the season!), could we get him tickets and did we know a nice single woman who might agree to be George's date?

When the boss could no longer keep a straight face, he confessed to the joke, naming ME as the architect (I don't remember whose idea it was, but it wasn't mine!). DH is a good sport, and decided he would take it a step further. He took the offending message down the hall to the second in command, wadded it up in a ball and threw it at him, swearing that he wasn't taking care of one more (expletive deleted) TDYer, and if they wanted the (expletive deleted) to come, they could take care of him themselves, and there was no way he was going to find him a date for the ball! He then cracked up at Second's stunned expression, and confessed that he knew it was a joke, and how he had continued it to Second's office. By this time, the whole office was furtively hovering outside Second's office to hear DH get fired but instead we all too cracked up and once the boss could speak again, he asked me to order pizza for the whole office to celebrate our success in sending usually unflappable DH off the deep end!

That was the classic joke and it hasn't been eclipsed in 30 years!

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter