What is the easiest way to do this after checking out...

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
My family is going to be checking out of the Polynesian on a Monday morning in Feburuary and are trying to think of an easy way to leave the resort and go tour a nearby college (UCF in Orlando) before arriving in the evening for our flight out of MCO. Can we use RAC to send our luggage off in the morning and then just deal with ourselves for the rest of the day? Any idea how expensive it might be to take an Uber to UCF and then a few hours later take one to MCO? OR, is it better to rent a car just for the day somehow and return it to MCO? Is there car rental from the Poly or where would the closest place be?
Any advice would be great! We didn't really want to try to squish in a college visit but since we live in ME, we figure we might want to try to figure out a way since we are already going to be there...

thank you! so it is totally ok to use the RAC service for luggage even if I do not use the bus to get to the airport? I had never heard of the ride.guru site and I love it! I'm thinking that the $70+ it might cost me for the 2 Uber trips combined might be an easier option than trying to deal with renting a car just for the day?

thank you! so it is totally ok to use the RAC service for luggage even if I do not use the bus to get to the airport? I had never heard of the ride.guru site and I love it! I'm thinking that the $70+ it might cost me for the 2 Uber trips combined might be an easier option than trying to deal with renting a car just for the day?

Yep! RAC and DME are not connected. You can definitely send your checked luggage through to the airport and keep your carry-ons with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter