What is the first thing you do at Disneyland/DCA?

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
At rope drop at Disneyland we get a fast pass for Star Tours on the way to ride Space Mountain.

At rope drop at DCA we get a fast pass for Carsland on the way to ride Toy Story Midway Mania (three times)!!! We have to ride it three times because my wife and I are so competitive we need a tie breaker !!!

What do you do? It doesn't have to be a ride or early in the morning. What is it you are most excited about when you first get there?

We always begin by riding POTC. That's the ride that has all the sounds, sights, and smells which announce to us that we are FINALLY HERE! We are the silly couple in the back row, squirming with excitement underneath the skeleton head talking of 'salty old pirates' and grabbing onto each other's arms with anticipation as it sinks in that it's all happening now!

If I rope drop DCA I like to do RSR first and maxpass Soarin’. RSR is a fun ride to start the day with, and I think it’s fun to watch everyone hurry over to it.

If I rope drop DL I like to do Space Mountain first, and maxpass Indy. I rope dropped Peter Pan once and that was a little too intense for me so early in the morning lol

There are just so many scenarios! :mickeyjum

Without Children at rope drop:
DL - I like to head to Pirates or Haunted Mansion and grab a FP for Indy. I find that the hoard of people is headed to Indy and I can just walk right on to POTC and HM, and both of those are my "OHMYGOSH I'm at DISNEYLAND!" rides.
DCA - I head to GoTG and max pass for Radiator Springs

With Children at rope drop:
DL - Again head to HM or POTC but maxpass something on the other side of the park because the kiddo can't ride Indy yet.
DCA - Head to Midway Mania and get a maxpass for RSR

If I'm not rope dropping I will just slowly take my time down main street until I reach the hub, just to soak it all in. Then I'll check the app for the best maxpass. I still usually end up on HM or POTC no matter what I'm planning. They are my "home" rides.

We usually arrive in the late afternoon, so our first (non-shop) stop is usually Haunted Mansion and then over to either the French Market or Plaza Inn or Jolly Holiday for some food! (In honesty, we often will stop first at the shops on Main Street to see if there are any "must have" souvies!)

In DL we head to Space Mountain at rope drop and we don’t have a plan at DCA. We used to always do RSR but now we prefer to do it in the evening.

Last year we did rope drop and headed towards Adventureland and it was a disaster!!

For me, it's always Peter Pan. I say to friends, half in jest, "Do Peter Pan first or don't do it at all." I always find it interesting that at 8:00 there's no one in line for it. At about 8:01:30, the line is nearly 30 minutes long. I always feel when we ride PP, the day has started right. Another friend who always rides it first says that once he's done with PP, all of his rope-drop anxiety evaporates.

I know you didn't ask about second rides, but I'll add Mr. Toad for good measure :-).

If it's BFF and me we head for Peter Pan. It's the very first ride BFF went on when I took her for her very first trip a few years ago. It's always the last ride we go on, too.

At DCA for BFF and me it used to be a toss up between ToT and RSR first and second, then to Soarin'.

I will say that MaxxPass has really changed things up for us, though. Now we're just as likely to look at return times when we enter and go from there.

I first enter DL and begin my signing of Main street USA while grabbing a MP and watching DD . I can't help it. I have seen that Disneyland sign along so many times .
At DCA I first reserve a MP or FP to RSR then go about my way to Soaring or anything else.

I first enter DL and begin my signing of Main street USA while grabbing a MP and watching DD . I can't help it. I have seen that Disneyland sign along so many times .
At DCA I first reserve a MP or FP to RSR then go about my way to Soaring or anything else.
What’s signing and sign along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter