What is the food like at Princess Storybook Breakfast?

gm

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I read debs menu but wanted to get an opinion on what exactly is served and how is the food?

We were there last week and the food was great. When you sit down they have fresh fruit and a plate with a coffee cake.
The meal itself is brought out in a large metal frying pan. They had eggs, bacon, saugage, potatoes, and rolls. Its all you can eat. They bring out more of whatever you ask for.

we were surprised by the fact that a clean plate was not brought out for the eggs, etc. we prefer cindy's:tongue:

The bakery goods and fruit are served on a 3 tiered plate setting. Then they bring out a skillet with the "supposed to be" hot food.

We've been there 3 times and unfortunately so far the food has been lousy. Cold, undercooked or overcooked. We're going for the 4th time this trip. I just keep trying!! Maybe I'm a glutten for punishment but dd loves the princesses so much I can deal with just coffee, oj and bakery goods with fruit for an astronomical price.

HE HE...what can I say, I've voiced my opinion to the Disney people about this breakfast but I seem to be outvoted and I'm not real picky either. If they don't plan to improve the food I suggested offerring a "healthy" alternative like the really good yogurt and granola option CRT's has (it's really good!!)..or a continental breakfast that's a little less pricey (but why would they knock down the price when they know they have guests booking up this restaurant daily!!) and suckers like me who just keep going back!!

Everytime we go I hope the food improves, so I'll let you know in a few weeks if it has!!

If it's just the food you want to go for....SKIP IT!!

We like the Princess breakfast more than Cinderella's.

The food was hot and plentiful.

Our server was so attentive that my son asked his autograph.

It was nice to be in Epcot without all the people.

This does seem to be a hit or miss thing. We ate there the first time two years ago and found the food,while not spectacular, very good. This year we went and the food was cold and the bacon terribly undercooked. It too a while to get the waiter and have him bring some more. We skipped it the last time we went.Might try it again in the future.

When you say they bring out a skillet of food... is this skillet just for you, or is it for your table?

The skillet is for the table. Usually has eggs, sausage (undercooked) bacon, either french toast sticks or Mickey waffles depending on the day and potatoes. This is family style so you can get more, but it can be a good wait to get seconds.

We've been to the Princess Storybook Breakfast twice and it's been very good each time. The food was tastey and hot.

Originally posted by jwfla422
This is family style so you can get more, but it can be a good wait to get seconds.

I knew this before we went and as soon as the waiter came over I asked for more fruit for my girls knowing that might be all they eat and it came right out with our coffee and juice.

We've gone twice now and the food was very good. We always have the first reservation at 8:35 (I think). That might be the difference. The pastries are fine but not outstanding (like Norway or France's bakery).

I thought the potatoes were fabulous. We asked for seconds on those and they came out immediately and were very tasty. The server was very attentive and quick with coffee and juice.

I perfer the atmosphere over the more crowded and rushed CRT.

We have been to CRT twice and PSB 1x. In my humble opinion the food was much better at CRT, especially the cream cheese french toast. But my niece (6 yrs old) said she wanted the PSB and 1900 Park Faire (with Cinderella) for dinner so that is what we are going to do! Hopefully we get a better breakfast this year.

It's supposed to be fun!! Enjoy the moment. I assume that the vast majority of people attending this will be doing so with kids in tow and it's all about them. Seeing the smile on my kid's face is more important to me than anything else, even a cold breakfast!

There seems to be a very wide range of opinions regarding the standards on offer here, covering from one extreme to the other. I think it all comes down to what you expect beforehand, therefore I will go with an open mind and the intention of enjoying the occasion regardless. My 4 year-old won't even be interested in what's on the table anyway, as long as she gets to meet the Princesses!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter