What is the Latest I Can Arrive at the Port and Still Make the Cruise?

Boarding usually begins 11:15-11:30. Concierge and Platinum board first and then they start with everyone else. They call the next number(s) every few minutes and usually have everyone waiting onboard by 12:30-12:45
It’s possible if the terminal reaches capacity (due to fire standards) you could have to wait outside until your PAT. The reason for PAT’s is to keep the terminal from getting over crowded
The Disney Terminal at Port Canaveral was designed with the Magic and Wonder in mind. The "Voyager" class and larger ships arrived on the scene later. The Dream and Fantasy hold about twice as many people as the "Dream Class" ships - thus the PAT and sometimes having to wait outside.

My understanding is that the new ships are even larger than the Dream Class, therefore there will be more "enforcement" of PAT's in the future (and this is just my opinion of the PAT's and the terminal situation).

I
The Disney Terminal at Port Canaveral was designed with the Magic and Wonder in mind. The "Voyager" class and larger ships arrived on the scene later. The Dream and Fantasy hold about twice as many people as the "Dream Class" ships - thus the PAT and sometimes having to wait outside.

My understanding is that the new ships are even larger than the Dream Class, therefore there will be more "enforcement" of PAT's in the future (and this is just my opinion of the PAT's and the terminal situation).

I thought when Disney announced the new ships they said that while the ships will be larger, they will have same number of passengers as the Dream class. I haven't been following any additional info about them though, so don't know if this has changed.

There is no reason to cut it till the very end. If you arrive to the port around 1pm, it will be open boarding.

I

I thought when Disney announced the new ships they said that while the ships will be larger, they will have same number of passengers as the Dream class. I haven't been following any additional info about them though, so don't know if this has changed.

The tonnage is more than the Dream class however the number of cabins is rumored to be around 1,250 which is the same as the Dream class.

On a sidenote with another cruise line at a port.... I ask when the all aboard time was. So I decided to go for a walk to burn off that dinner. I timed it so I would arrive back on the ship with 5 minutes to spare. Apparently around the 30 to 15 minute mark, they start calling the cabin and my cellphone trying to find me.

In the future, I now plan to be back aboard 30 minutes before the all-aboard time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter