What is the most dramatic thing that has happened to you at Disney?

kyra's mommy

Mouseketeer
Two years ago this July I went to Disneyland in California for my 35th birthday. I was four months pregnant with my second child. My dh, dd and I went to the Blue Bayou for dinner which was such a big deal to me as I have been going to DL since I was 4 yrs. old and we NEVER eat there because it's so expensive. It was a great dinner in spite of dh choosing this particular meal to debate whether or not I pronounce our last name correctly ( this after 13 yrs. of marriage ) which is another story altogether- lol. We finished our dinner and left to go watch the fireworks. I stopped to use the restroom and discovered I was bleeding...

I ran out looking for dh in tears, the spot where he was, was roped off and I couldn't get to him. I was frantic. I found a darling and really young CM and told her I have to get to my husband, it's an emergency. She got me through, thank God. I told him and we were both devasted as we thought we had lost our dear son, the first boy ever and still, on both sides of our families.

Well, I wouldn't share a story like this if it didn't have a great ending. Though it was a significant amount of blood our dr. assured us that it could be simply from all the walking ( though I really was taking it easy ) and that it should be okay.

My son is 21 mos. now and is downstairs napping. He and my dd are truly the greatest joy I have ever known and in about 8 days he will be going on his first trip to DW. I am grateful to God to have him and though this is kind of a sad story in a way it's such a beautiful story to me because I know what I would have lost and it makes me so thankful. So, I'm happy the story happened at a place I love so much, as it is also a reminder of all that I have.

So, what are your stories? Engagements, or memories, anything you would be willing to share, I'd love to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter