What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

I'd say Chick Fil A, too. Children's clothing with ChickFilA on it is SO popular in the clothing groups I'm in and I don't understand the fascination.

I like their food fine (I actually think their menu is one of the best if you're counting calories, which I am) but I detest their sloooooow drive-through.

That said, they do set the bar high with customer service and for some people, they will drive past better chicken sandwiches (I'm looking at you, Popeye's) because they know they'll be taken care of at ChickFilA. You may be stuck in the drive-through forever but they are at least nice about it!

I work in non-profit and I can't even add up the thousands of dollars my local ChickFilA has donated to us. And not just in my current city but in every city I've been in, the local owner/operator answers my call/email and jumps through hoops to help support us and our events. Every summer, they reach out to ME to see how they can help us. I've never had another restaurant be willing to do even half what they have. THAT is what they have going for them IMO. Investment in their local community (and it pays off!)

But I still don't get the hype for the food ;)

I detest their sloooooow drive-through.
That is a complaint I have never heard about Chic-fil-A.

Sure they often have 20, 30, 40, or more cars in line but I have never waited more then 5 minutes. There is one near my office that wraps the drive thru line around the building twice with a person directing traffic at the cross.

Now McDonalds.....I have waited over 20 minutes before between the pay window and the getting your order window. I actually had to call the store from my phone and ask them what was up. There was no way to get out of the line due to the building being on one side and a row of parked cars on the other side. Otherwise I would have just abandoned my $1.06 and got a drink somewhere else.

I will happily eat a 12 count Chick Fil A nuggets without any sauce, along with one of their (seasonal) peppermint shakes. That's probably my favorite fast food meal, ever. Someone upthread said Chick Fil A was bland... I think it verges on oversalty... and I love it!

I like In n Out fine, but I don't get the hype, for sure. I mean, it's fine but for a burger I'd far rather have Smashburger (which is not quite fast food, I guess).
Oh, those peppermint shakes! I have to get one every year. I told them, I have two problems with it--it isn't served year-round, and it doesn't come with zero calories!

Our Chick-Fil-A always has a long line, but it always moves very fast. In fact, the closest one just added a second line (maybe a walk-thru? My DD knew, she was so excited...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!