What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

Sorry WickstarRunner, first I disagree that Five Guys is fast food, and peanut oil (double fried) with real potatoes is the proper way to cook french fries. And their burgers rival just about everything including any chain restaurant burger (Burgatory is the one I haven't been able to try. Red Robin was lousy.)

Eh, to each their own......though if you've got a Jake's Wayback near you give them a shot

Chick Fil A. It's as over rated as it gets. Their sandwich is mediocre and it's a sodium bomb. Nothing special whatsoever.
I agree, I don’t like their chicken sandwiches. Or their sauce, and fries, which actually leave me feeling sick. I do like their chicken wrap with apple vinaigrette dressing, though, or their chicken strips alone. I think they are also super clean, which is a plus. (Could be because they’re new, time will tell.) But the service at the drive through is awful - they rush you and oftentimes the order is wrong. New to the chain within the last year. My kids like it more than I do. DD has the App so she likes the freebies.

In and Out is okay, but the local gourmet burger places are better.
Chick-Fil-A, don't get the draw. Same with 5 Guys.
And when I was in Canada, Tim Hortons.

Chick-Fil-A. While It think the food is ok, I completely do not understand it's popularity. It's chicken, and average at best. More power to them though as at least in our area, the 3 or 4 we have are mobbed every single hour they are open.

I don't think any fast food is over rated. It's a quick, cheap way to fill you up. If it does that, regardless of the taste then it does what it's intended.

Chipotle.

People rave about them, but around here, we’ve had several closures for e-coli outbreaks. I avoid going there.

^^ I agree and I don't think they ever figured out the source of the issue and has happened at several locations in different parts of the country. Either food isn't being keep correctly hot/cold or they have some other issues.

Chick-fil-a just very average tasting chicken sold with a lot of hype.

Panera (I think you call it fast food) is WAY overpriced and food just very average. I don't get when they try to coin slogans like 'clean food' using generic terms to mean something very specific.

Last edited:
The OP first posted about Subway. I'm gonna chime in here to say that Subway isn't "overrated" though, LOL. I mean Chick-Fil-A has a very high rating so we can argue whether that rating is deserved or not. But Subway? Does *anyone* even think they have a high rating to begin with for fast food. I think it's gross, although I've certainly done my share of eating there. It's a definite last resort, but I think their societal perception rating is on par with that.

Otherwise, I tend to agree a bit with Chick-Fil-A. I am not overly in love with their chicken sandwich. I end up usually getting the chicken strips, which are pretty good. Don't care for their waffle fries either. The consistency of quality with the fries is not dependable.

Chick-fil-A is really about the service. The food is good, I'd say better than a chicken sandwich from McD's or the like, but maybe not better than Popeye's. Still, the service I get there makes the experience more pleasnat than most fast-food places. It's not like the food is bad of course.

I LOVE In-N-Out but I can still admit it's not the best burger in the world - it's just better than almost all other fast food burgers. Something like Whataburger is comparable, but it blows the doors off McDonald's, etc. I think it's all relative.

Last edited:
Don't care for Subway either as someone posted above. Honestly, any of those 'bargain' sandwich places sell very cheap lunch meats topped with a lot of extras. Cheap lunch meat is never going to make a good sandwich.

KFC is another brand where the quality is all over the map and depends on which store you go to. Some do a good job, but others have greasy/undercooked chicken or a lack of quality control in their franchises. When traveling, you want to know that regardless of where you stop to buy food, it will be the same quality at each franchise location.

Fast food to me is more about the quality/consistency/reasonable price of the food. Cheerful employees don't make up for sub-standard food. Employees arguing behind the counter or a manager always yelling at the workers doesn't make me want to return even if I like the food.

The OP first posted about Subway. I'm gonna chime in here to say that Subway isn't "overrated" though, LOL. I mean Chick-Fil-A has a very high rating so we can argue whether that rating is deserved or not. But Subway? Does *anyone* even think they have a high rating to begin with for fast food. I think it's gross, although I've certainly done my share of eating there. It's a definite last resort, but I think their societal perception rating is on par with that.

Anytime I think about trying Subway again, I remember this Jim Gaffigan routine 🤣🤣:rotfl2:

I would never have said this a while back, but Chick-fil-A. Their quality seems like it has taken a nosedive. After many mediocre meals, I think we are finally done with them.

On the other hand, we tried the Popeyes chicken sandwiches for the first time Sunday and they were amazing! We can’t wait to get them again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter