What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

I would never have said this a while back, but Chick-fil-A. Their quality seems like it has taken a nosedive. After many mediocre meals, I think we are finally done with them.

On the other hand, we tried the Popeyes chicken sandwiches for the first time Sunday and they were amazing! We can’t wait to get them again!

Terrible customer service. Better than average food.

I know Subway is very popular but is it rated highly by anyone? I thought people just went there because it is cheap and convenient. Sure it is better than a McDonalds burger but that isn't saying much.
Cold clammy cuts, we have tons of delis and pizzerias here, I don’t know how subway even stayed in business here for as long as it did. I think it was popular with younger kids who didn’t know any better.

Sure it is better than a McDonalds burger but that isn't saying much.
Well I'm going to have to disagree on that one! I find a Subway sandwich quite disgusting. Just looking at the plastic meat and fake cheese in that bin makes me wonder what I'm ever doing there. But I think a McD's cheeseburger can be quite tasty. I mean, I don't even put it on a level with a "real" cheeseburger, but for some reason I like it. Maybe just a bit of nostalgia for me!

My family loves chip, I’ve tried bowls, salads, tacos and burritos, never eat more than half, I always feel sick after.

I only feel that way because I usually try to eat the whole burrito even though that is a mistake. Is it the spice levels that do you in? Or beans?

Well I'm going to have to disagree on that one! I find a Subway sandwich quite disgusting. Just looking at the plastic meat and fake cheese in that bin makes me wonder what I'm ever doing there. But I think a McD's cheeseburger can be quite tasty. I mean, I don't even put it on a level with a "real" cheeseburger, but for some reason I like it. Maybe just a bit of nostalgia for me!

Yes I can see your point on that one. I always thought Subway was "healthier" than McDonalds but then I looked at the data and watched the Subway employees slather the sandwiches with mayo and changed my mind.

Cold clammy cuts, we have tons of delis and pizzerias here, I don’t know how subway even stayed in business here for as long as it did. I think it was popular with younger kids who didn’t know any better.

I think it was popular with low income college students who would line up to the buy the $5 footlongs. They could get two meals out of them.

Yes I can see your point on that one. I always thought Subway was "healthier" than McDonalds but then I looked at the data and watched the Subway employees slather the sandwiches with mayo and changed my mind.

Several years ago when I was on some diet plan, I went to Subway often because you could get a sandwich that was XX calories by controlling everything on it. Generally it was filling enough and served it's purpose, but man, did you ever have to micromanage the toppings person when it came to adding your mustard or light mayo. I felt like I was the person's mother saying "no, not that much, only one squeeze, no no that's too much."

I only feel that way because I usually try to eat the whole burrito even though that is a mistake. Is it the spice levels that do you in? Or beans?
No, I love super spicy and eat beans a lot. I think I did better the last time I ate it, left off the rice. I can feel it expand in my stomach. I once ate a whole burrito back when I first tried it, did not make that mistake again.

^^ I agree and I don't think they every figured out the source of the issue and has happened at several locations in different parts of the country. Either food isn't being keep correctly hot/cold or they have some other issues.
Many Chipotle illnesses were norovirus cases of workers transmitting the virus by not washing their hands after going to the bathroom and then handling the food there. They also had some EColi cases, too.

Cold food has no "kill step" of heating so it doesn't take much to have an outbreak. Some of the stories from individual stores were nauseating i.e. workers vomiting then handling food and managers and staff not leaving when sick, etc.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/21/business/chipotle-fined-25-million-norovirus-food-incident/
https://www.fda.gov/food/outbreaks-...ons-linked-chipotle-mexican-grill-restaurants

The cold cuts are about as standard and processed as any chain place slapping sandwiches together. Not a big deal to me.

The popularity probably stems from being faster than your average deli, plus being open late in strategic locations.

Well, I think it CAN be healthier at Subway, but it depends on what you get. If you cover it in mayo and other sauces you can throw that out the window. At other places though the food is innately unhealthy and/or already covered in sauces.

^ I can't help but think of the above re Chipotle when at Subway, too. They have gloves on and touch the microwave and other things, then they use their hands to put lettuce and other cold items on your sandwich. :crazy2:

A quick search yields these infections from there. One little boy needed a liver transplant from the Hepatitis A.

Norwalk
Shigella
Salmonella Hvittingfos
Hepatitis A

"voluntarily withdrew some items including onions, green peppers, tomatoes and lettuce from its restaurants in early June as a precaution"

^ I can't help but think of the above re Chipotle when at Subway, too. They have gloves on and touch the microwave and other things, then they use their hands to put lettuce and other cold items on your sandwich. :crazy2:

A quick search yields these infections from there. One little boy needed a liver transplant from the Hepatitis A.

Norwalk
Shigella
Salmonella Hvittingfos
Hepatitis A

"voluntarily withdrew some items including onions, green peppers, tomatoes and lettuce from its restaurants in early June as a precaution"

If only robots could cook our food.

I like Zaxby's and Chick-Fil-A for chicken sandwiches...hate Wendy's and McDonald's...although the nuggets are pretty good.

Don't care much for Subway...Jersey Mike's and Firehouse are so much better.

Aside question: why is it funny that someone doesn't care for a particular place's food? I find it quite odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter