What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

Jack In Box
Long John Silvers
Taco Bell
Hardee’s
Rally’s
And just about every other fast food place - their food just isn’t worth getting !
now if we only had an Earl of Sandwich I’d be all over that I love them! And if I could get some decent pizza I would be happy but alas not by me!! So I suffer and do my earring at Disney !!

In and Out. It was such a big deal when they came to Texas but I'll stick with my Whataburger.
I have to agree with those who say In & Out. Their burgers are good, but their fries are terrible. I remember when they first arrived in San Antonio a few years back, and you wouldn't believe the lines!

The cold cuts are about as standard and processed as any chain place slapping sandwiches together. Not a big deal to me.

The popularity probably stems from being faster than your average deli, plus being open late in strategic locations.
I feel the same way about any deli chain, I grew up with real Italian delis which don’t resemble chains. The meat is freshly and thinly cut (quickly), the bread is fresh and delivered every morning (you can buy day old bread for breadcrumbs). Deli’s are everywhere. https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/b...rsey-according-to-daily-voice-readers/777519/

Love (and miss) In-and-Out. Grilled onions and extra sauce 🤤. Tried Whataburger wasn’t impressed.

Not a big fan of Chipotle, Qudoba, or Moes. Give me Taco Del Mar instead.

Subway makes bland sandwiches. I wish we had Togo's here in TN. Quiznos was ok too but they seem to have disappeared.

Hardees sucks. Carl’s Jr. Is so much better! Again, don’t have it here in TN 😢

Clearly I’m missing my west coast fast food.

Not surprised that Chik-Fil-A gets a lot of hits on the Disboards.
But they are still the number one fast food restaurant in America despite boycotts by the cancel crowd.

Chik-fil-a-- too bland for me
Subway--the meat is terrible and in such small portions! (to paraphrase Woody Allen)
Chipotle--stingy with their salsa. I'd rather go to a place with a salsa bar

My answer is going to be affected by my location: Chick-Fil-A

For those from the south let me explain: They have only opened a handful of locations here in some of the northern states and people treat it like a pilgrimage instead of fast food. I've seen lines that were more than 100 deep for the one in the mall near us. For example:

The food is good (I'd put Wendy's spicy chicken ahead of it but it's a close 2nd) and I'd eat it occasionally if it was close by with a normal wait but it's just not worth the headaches in this area. I think that meets the definition of overrated.

Not surprised that Chik-Fil-A gets a lot of hits on the Disboards.
But they are still the number one fast food restaurant in America despite boycotts by the cancel crowd.
Just as a matter of facts, they're not even close to number one. This listing has them #8. McDonald's is by far the biggest.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/biggest-fast-food-chains-in-america-1028745534#
I thought it was OK, but I don't get the almost religious devotion. It's fast food. It's not any particularly good bargain. And they just soak that thing in MSG. And it's the only fast food chain I know of (other than Sonic which has slushes) that still uses styrofoam cups.

Burger King is just plain gross.
This was going to get my vote, but then I thought it might be unfair since it’s been many years since I’ve eaten there.

Lots of people disliking Chik Fil A. That is one of my favorites. I really enjoy their chicken sandwiches, strips and nuggets. I’m not a fan of the waffle fries though. I’ve had Zaxby’s twice when traveling and liked them a lot (none local to me), wasn’t impressed with Popeyes the one time I had it.

They're certainly polarizing, and not simply because of the food. But they are also polarizing because of the food. But if I have $5 to spend on a chicken sandwich, I'd choose Popeye's over Chick-Fil-A.
Polarizing how?

Polarizing how?
That people on either side care more about them for things other than the food. And I certainly can't figure out why anyone would wait that long for anything when there are lines, unless there's nothing else. I mean chicken patty with a breaded crust that's soaked in MSG solution? Not my first choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter