What is the offical DCL/Cayman alcohol policy ?

rmbreset

<font color="red">Just curious<br><font color=teal
This was brought up in another thread, but there seems to be some policy about buying alcohol in GC if you are a DCL passenger. I know when our island tour stopped at the rum cake factory my mother in-law was not allowed to by a bottle of rum because she was a DCL passenger. However I purchased several bottles at a non-excursion stop and brought them back on board with no problem. There is no mention in the Navigators about this policy, (but it sounds like there should be). Is this some deal that the excursion stops have with DCL ? I don't see how they can prevent a store from selling items based on what cruise line you are on unless it is part of the excursion contract.

I may be completely off target here, but when we cruised, we found that there were stores that would deliver your purchases to the cruise ship for you.....could she possibly have misunderstood what they told her? Did they maybe tell her that they don't "do" (ie. deliver to) DCL?

No, I was standing along side her, they flat out said they could not sell to DCL passengers. I made a cigar purchase at La Casa Del Habanos (if someone from customs is reading this i smoked them all on the boat,honest ) and the store owner had to walk me down to the pier so i get get them duty free, but this had to do with a Cayman offical, not Disney.

RMBRESET:

How were the cubans? And I believe you.

they WERE great , Partagas Series D No. 3 Edición limitada 2001, the last box he had. ;)

THEY DONT SELL CHEAP LIQUOR TO PEOPLE ON THE ISLAND, IT HAS TO BE SENT BACK TO YOUR SHIP, AND DISNEY DOESNT ALLOW THAT

Well then i know of at least one store that will sell you the very good rum and walk it down to the pier with you. They will also hold your package in the store until you are ready to reboard ship.

We just took the Western cruise a month ago, and this is what I was told by a clerk in one of the stores (Tortuga Duty-Free Liquors to be exact).

We could buy at the duty free prices, but it HAD to be delivered to the ship by the store. Therefore, your order had to be placed and paid for at the store two hours before the last tender departs. By the way, delivery was free and I beleive that the rum was priced at $8.95 US per liter.

There was some confusion as to what happened if you missed the deadline. One person told me that we could purchase liquor but we would have to pay the local island prices (about 3 times as much if I recall correctly) and we could carry it onto the ship. Another person told me that they could not sell Disney passengers after the deadline. In any case, I was not going to pay the full price, so I never found out whether I could carry the liquor back to the Magic or not.

I might also suggest that if you are going to do any shopping in a port, go down to Guest Services and pick up a copy of the "Port Guide - Shopping in Paradise" for that port. It will give you an overview & history of the port, a map, and recommended shopping.

Scott

Originally posted by scott62
"Port Guide - Chopping in Paradise"

Darn, I missed that. It's probably a heck of lot more interesting to read than the ones I picked up, "Port Guide - Shopping in Paradise". :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter