What is the VB Chair Swap?

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
I have read much info on other threads here concerning VB Chair Swap, but no where does it say what exactly it is? Who swaps the chairs, and with whom? Do you have to have a chair to swap to participate? And how come other things are being included? Like umbrellas, boogie boards, etc. Can anyone put it into very layman terms!:rolleyes:

I have never done it, but I am trying to organize one. Here's how it is supposed to go:
We get a list of people going to VB that are interested in having 2 beach chairs and an umbrella available to them while at VB, but they don't want to buy them at Walmart on the way there only to throw them out after their stay. I guess VB does rent them but they are expensive (not sure about that though). As long as the days don't overlap, you can be on the list. The cost of the items is split among the swappers. Then someone orders the chairs & umbrellas, has them sent to VB, and the first swapper to arrive picks them up from the resort desk and enjoys them. Then, when their stay is over, they repack them, put the next swapper's name on them, and gives them back to the desk. That is basically how it works. I guess it is similar to the Christmas tree swap at some of the resorts.

Does that help? Wanna join in?! ;)

I am definitely interested.............just need to make a ressie,not sure when we are going to go. I am also trying to buy a small contract (resale), so as soon as I find/buy something, I am in! Thanks so much for your info, keep me on your chair swap list. :wizard:

You're welcome. I am a novice to this too, but I thought I would offer to organize 'cause I would like the use of the chairs and I like the swap idea but I arrived too late on the other swaps and my dates were taken. When do you think you will be going? We are starting in August and I don't know how long the chairs will last until....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter