What is the weirdest phobia?

The front desk receptionist in the office i used to work at had a phobia of balloons... She didn't last very long because folks were often receiving flower and/or balloon deliveries on their birthdays or holidays..
I have a huge phobia of balloons. Mine stems from when I bit one and it popped it my mouth when I was approximately one. Mylar don’t bother me, but regular balloons are me to death. The feeling of not knowing if they’re about to pop is horrible. Everyone in my life makes fun of me (I get it, it’s pretty funny), but I will go the other direction completely if o see a balloon.

I cannot stand how sour cream separates in the container. I gag just thinking about it. I have to make my fiancé open the container, dump out the liquid, and store it before I can use it. Not sure why it bothers me that much. I just started buying greek yogurt and didn't know it would be the same as the sour cream, but I eat it at work, so I close my eyes while I stir it. So gross.

I have a huge phobia of balloons. Mine stems from when I bit one and it popped it my mouth when I was approximately one. Mylar don’t bother me, but regular balloons are me to death. The feeling of not knowing if they’re about to pop is horrible. Everyone in my life makes fun of me (I get it, it’s pretty funny), but I will go the other direction completely if o see a balloon.

Similarly, I hate opening the cans of biscuits. I force myself to, but I hate making it pop.

Not really a phobia but the thought of wood grosses me out and makes me gag. I cannot eat anything on a stick or use toothpicks and if I see anyone else doing it, I gag as well.
ME TOO!!! I hate touching them as well. I feel like all the moisture has been sucked from my skin.

Not a phobia, but I have anxiety about balloons popping and those biscuit cans you have to open with a spoon. Ugh. I cannot be in the room when someone opens one and I've never been able to play those games where you sit on a balloon, etc. It's a bit anxiety invoking to buy balloons and bring them home in the car, but I do it.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a phobia...but my MIL has to leave out the same way she came into a store, my home, church, etc... One day I was teasing and told her she had to go out the garage even though she came in the front door. She became very upset and agitated with me. I told her I was joking and never did that again.

Edited: Just thought of one for me! I can’t eat food and watch tv that has wild animals or the hoarders show on. Weird I know!

My MIL is the same way and she makes us go out the same door we came in. Really makes us. If we attempt to go out a different door, she will get very angry and block our way - but I could make a whole blog about her.

I am absolutely terrified of June bugs. I refuse to be the person who opens the garage door during the summer because that is where they tend to hang out and if I see one I scream and run in the other direction.

My MIL is the same way and she makes us go out the same door we came in. Really makes us. If we attempt to go out a different door, she will get very angry and block our way - but I could make a whole blog about her.

We should get together on that:) We could do a joint stand up routine.

I don't touch ice, ever. I had nightmares that it will pull off my fingertips. I'll drink it, but if I have to touch it, I'll just have a warm/hot drink. LOL
all my family, friends and work know. They get it for me. ;)

I doubt if anyone here has this phobia and I myself do not, but apparently some people suffer from scriptophobia, or fear of written words.

I have a major phobia about my collarbones- can’t stand anyone touching them and if a shirt collar rubs on them I can’t wear it-weird I know and I have no clue why. Seeing other people’s collarbones makes me gag- my husband laughs when we watch tv and some woman is sticks and bones with her collarbones out. I have to cover my eyes. I will have to be sedated if I ever break mine- the thought alone makes me sweat and shiver haha.

Squirrels = Sciurophobia
Cotton balls = sidonglobophobia
Ladybugs = coccinellidaephobia
Long words = Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Phobias = phobophobia
Mother-in-law = pentheraphobia/novercaphobia

I have a major phobia about my collarbones- can’t stand anyone touching them and if a shirt collar rubs on them I can’t wear it-weird I know and I have no clue why. Seeing other people’s collarbones makes me gag- my husband laughs when we watch tv and some woman is sticks and bones with her collarbones out. I have to cover my eyes. I will have to be sedated if I ever break mine- the thought alone makes me sweat and shiver haha.
I don’t like my ears touched, I don’t like touching other people’s ears, I don’t like it when people touch their own ears... They’re all floppy and fleshy.... *shiver

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter