• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is the whispering canyone cafe like??

Miniefan

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, I was planning on taking my mil here for lunch on her B-day and I have read several things about this being a great restaurant, can someone please tell me a little more about it and the antics they pull there??
Thanks,
Kim

I read a pretty good review of this restaurant by a poster named Forever42. Sounds like she's a "local" to WDW and dines in the area regularly. The thread can be found at this link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=602984

There's a link from that page with photos of the restaurant as well as several of the menu items. There are also reader reviews at the link below that gives a variety of opinions.

http://www.disboards.com/ratings/ce...8ff536c7bdcaed84730c7f&cmd=details&itemid=103

BTW - I should mention that I didn't see many specific "antics" listed but they were hinted at. I think some are kept "insider secrets" to make them more of a surprise for first time diners. I haven't been there myself but will be trying for a PS for DD and my first night at WL in mid-Sept.

I might mention, too, that lunch is a little more sedate than dinner, when hysteria is in full bloom.

Asking for ketchup, straws, a Pepsi, directiosn to the restroom, etc., might get interesting results. But servers aren't prone to "perform" on command. They do have surprises, though!

You can find a menu at www.allearsnet.com.

We were there June 25th for my 16 year old brother's birthday. They did a pony express ride for kids 9 and under. Our waiter announced that it was my brother's birthday and he would be leading the ride. He is very tall for his age and it was hilarious to see him out there on his stick pony with all these kids! :p Then they had all the grown men stand up and sing this song called "My Little Buttercup". I've never laughed so hard. I would recommend going!

It's a lot of fun, especially for families. If you know the 50s Prime Time at MGM, I would consider this the Wild West equivalent. Funny waiters, silly antics, and lots of atmosphere. The hobby horse racrs, singing, and jokes are very common. Once I even saw a waitress take someout outside and tie them to a tree! If your mil is not really into that, I might sugest a more peaceful lunch. It's definatly not as much whispering as the name sugests. The food I've always found to be good though.

the name is definetly tongue in cheek!

one adult male had to ride the stick pony around the LOBBY, yes the LOBBY, of the hotel yelling "I have already eaten 2 batches of waffles" in order to get another batch at breakfast! they had the usual pony races with kids and thanks to one woman's suggestion ...with all women over 18 ( but not this one!)
however if you want to just sit and watch they don't force you to do anything.

in our case, breakfast was absolutely crazy ( we went a little later, so may not be that way pre-park opening) and dinner much more sedate so it may just depend on who is serving that day.

we loved it and will go back..if you go for dinner the pork chops are out of this world! (not normally a big fan but these are great)

we enjoyed the breakfast skillet( eggs, potatoes, delicious waflles and bread, a little foggy on this but think it also had bacon, sausage and sausage gravy! yummmy!) but husband wished he would have gotten my p.chops due to being disappointed in the dinner skillet. however the skillets and meals are all giant and the breakfast skillet is a good value at $10 for ayce imo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter