"What Is This, a Crossover Episode?"-HHN 29, Universal, & A Little Disney (Sep 2019)-Completed 1/6-New PTR Link

Marathon of Mayhem
September 15th, Part 2

(I promise you we didn't cause any mayhem :rotfl: that's just the name of the lagoon show at HHN).

After stopping at Toothsome for some snacks we went back to the hotel to do some laundry.
Because @xlsm is the best person ever (and she had extra detergent!) she did laundry for both of us while I showered.

After we got ready we headed to Jake's for dinner.

Toothsome Snacks & Jake's American Bar Review

It was time for HHN night 3!

We didn't have EP tonight, but the waits weren't bad. Ghostbusters was a little long so the first thing we did was get in line for Us. The wait was about 40 mins, but we loved it so much the night before we had to do it again. Once we confirmed that Us is still scary, (I may have accidentally grabbed the person in front of me at one point :rotfl:), and the little boy that pops out in the beginning gets me every time, we headed over to Yeti since it was only a 25 minute wait. We had really enjoyed Yeti the night before, and we wanted to go through again.

The tribute store was still out of the Classic Monsters cups...and there was no way we were waiting for Stranger Things so we headed onwards to Zombieland.

This time we did catch a little bit of a show.

I liked the little show, but wished there was more little things like that in the scare zone. All the time we spent at the event and in that scare zone, and we never saw anything else going on. I know they have a "zombie kill of the week" show that rotates characters, but somehow that was never going on while we were there.

We decided to try a drink, and the booth we walked by next had the Twilight Gateway drink which had sounded pretty good so we got that. (I reviewed it in the post in my DTR about HHN snacks for the first 3 nights).

HHN Snacks Review (Nights 1, 2, & 3)

Then we went to spend some time in Hellbilly Deluxe:

E81476C5-B3F9-4C87-9378-90758C02B135.jpeg

Living Dead Girl:

12C182EB-F30E-4806-9218-2292DF054152.jpeg

Strange pictures we took in and around Dragula:

IMG_1401.jpeg

And this guy!

FBD86C8B-6F3C-4603-BECA-5BA10046FF12.jpeg

Slightly tipsy, apparently we decided to wait in line 40 minutes for House of 1000 Corpses because we'd enjoyed it the night before. We played Heads Up (which is what we did in most longer lines). Samantha is my favorite person to play with because we are on the same wavelength regarding celebrity gossip.

For some reason they gave us these little arcade looking tickets when we got in line this night. They served 0 purpose whatsoever but I guess I felt the need to document them.

IMG_1425.jpeg

The house was a lot of fun again, but Samantha missed the Pomeranian photo again, so tonight was not the night I'd get my proof :rotfl:.

Since tonight was Samantha's last night at HHN we had to see Marathon of Mayhem:

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

We loved it! I was recording for this one, but I did get to watch it again later in the week without recording anything. It was so fun! I love the Killer Klowns part, but honestly the whole show is good, and it was never crowded. Each time I saw it we walked up right beforehand and got an awesome spot. I think since there were so many showings that it never got crowded.

One last time through Vanity Ball:

IMG_1509.jpeg

There was a lot going on tonight, and this zone is so much fun when all the shows are going on.

We also saw @ariane37 and Steve while we were watching some of the little shows!

Killer Klowns was a 20 minute waits so the time had come for Samantha's last visit to the Klowns, :sad: and the last time she was scared to death at the end by the ice cream guy that pops out after the house is done and asks if anybody wants a dipsicle.

IMG_8140.jpeg

Next Up
In the morning we check into Gran Destino and head to AK!

Last edited:
Love this update!!

Your evening there looked so much fun.......we too loved that dancing robot guy......he was so funny!

We didn’t get any decent picture of Marathon of Mayhem, but it was an amazing show! We only managed it once, but I’m guessing they’ll do something similar again next year since it was so well received.....

I did look out for you that night, but although it wasn’t mobbed, trying to pick out one person was nigh on impossible......lol.......

Some lovely pictures there........

Thank you! I was happy with how the intro turned out. I felt it needed something but didn’t want to make it too long so I went through a lot of footage to choose.
I bet you went through a ton of footage - but you got really perfect clips for it! :thumbsup2

I love this towel :rotfl:

rLlrg8nl.jpg
:rotfl2: OMG I find this absolutely hysterical.

It's finally appropriate to wear my Halloween scarves to work:
Yes! Me, too. And I'm wearing spiderweb earrings today, too :thumbsup2:laughing:

(He likes to conduct when we sing the birthday song :rotfl:).
This is amazing. More people should.

I haven't started a new PTR yet because I'm still deciding where to go for our next trip.
:rotfl: That kinda helps to know that part, doesn't it?

Once we confirmed that Us is still scary, (I may have accidentally grabbed the person in front of me at one point :rotfl:)
:rotfl2:

The house was a lot of fun again, but Samantha missed the Pomeranian photo again, so tonight was not the night I'd get my proof :rotfl:.
:rolleyes2 Come on Samantha! :laughing:
We also saw @ariane37 and Steve while we were watching some of the little shows!
Awesome! I met them on my August trip - what a great pair they are :goodvibes

Your evening there looked so much fun.......we too loved that dancing robot guy......he was so funny!

It was! Yes the dancing guy was great :rotfl:

We didn’t get any decent picture of Marathon of Mayhem, but it was an amazing show! We only managed it once, but I’m guessing they’ll do something similar again next year since it was so well received.....

I hope they do it again next year! But yeah pictures were kind of hard in that show, I don’t think I got any real good ones.

I did look out for you that night, but although it wasn’t mobbed, trying to pick out one person was nigh on impossible......lol.......

Yeah, I understand, I’m the worst at picking people out in crowds. I didn’t even notice Ariane standing right next to us, that was Samantha:rotfl:

Some lovely pictures there........

Thank you!

I bet you went through a ton of footage - but you got really perfect clips for it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Yeah, it was A LOT longer at first. But I didn’t think anyone wanted a 1+ min intro.

:rotfl2: OMG I find this absolutely hysterical.

Right?! It’s the best :laughing:

Yes! Me, too. And I'm wearing spiderweb earrings today, too :thumbsup2:laughing:

We’re matching! I have the spiderweb scarf on today :rotfl:

This is amazing. More people should.

He didn’t even know he was doing it until we looked at last year’s picture and he was like why are my hands blurry :rotfl: I had taken a video, that showed him conducting. I guess he thought it was a new, funny idea this year...which he apparently also thought last year.

:rotfl: That kinda helps to know that part, doesn't it?

It does! But there’s so much to do, and I feel like we never have enough time that I need help deciding! Also we’re definitely doing a longer HHN trip again for the 30th in Sep, so have an idea for one of our trips.

And quoting posts on my phone come out weird so the last 2 didn’t quote. But I wish she’d seen the Pomeranian! :rotfl: With the lighting and how fast they move you through you’d have to turn around at just the right time to see it.

I've been a bad commenter, I've been swamped :crazy2: I love your decorations! That towel is great! I also love the banner of bloody knives :rotfl:

We got some arcade tickets too the first night, before we met up with you guys. I can't remember if it was Stranger Things or Us now, but we got in the regular line on accident and they gave them to us :confused3

I've been a bad commenter, I've been swamped :crazy2: I love your decorations! That towel is great! I also love the banner of bloody knives :rotfl:

Thank you! I saw the knife banner on Amazon and had to have it!:laughing: I was trying to do a theme in each room (although I’m not sure how well that worked) and my idea for the kitchen was butcher shop.

We got some arcade tickets too the first night, before we met up with you guys. I can't remember if it was Stranger Things or Us now, but we got in the regular line on accident and they gave them to us :confused3

I saw someone tweet about this the other day and they were saying how their favorite thing is when you get those in a line and then try to give them back at the front and they look at you like your crazy :rotfl: That’s basically how it went for us

Fabulous!! Your video of MoM show was excellent......took me right back.

Our pictures of Slimer, he looks like a squashed apple and the Car looks like a red line you`d see on a heartbeat monitor in hospital!!! Terrible pictures this time!

You both looked like you were having so much fun :thumbsup2

Fabulous!! Your video of MoM show was excellent......took me right back.

Our pictures of Slimer, he looks like a squashed apple and the Car looks like a red line you`d see on a heartbeat monitor in hospital!!! Terrible pictures this time!

You both looked like you were having so much fun :thumbsup2

Thank you!

I tried to take pictures especially during the second show I saw because I wasn’t recording and they did not come out great either :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

"Oh Wow Look at Those Giraffes!"
September 16th, Part 1

Now that HHN was over for the weekend it was time for us to get our Disney on!

Next we were checking into the Gran Destino!

Our room wasn't ready yet, but what we could see of the hotel was beautiful. I was very excited leading up to our stay here because I'd seen videos of the interior and I loved it. We got a really good rate awhile back, and Coronado Springs is where I've stayed the last few trips so it was cool to finally stay in the tower we'd watched them build over the last few years.

The only problem we had at the desk was that we were supposed to be adding Josh to the reservation. He was supposed to be on the reservation from the start, but Samantha and I's MDE accounts don't like each other. Last time we took a trip they had to unlink us to make everything work, and it was a huge pain, but we had to link them again to make ADR's and FP's so it wasn't working right again, and hadn't let Samantha add Josh. We figured it'd be easy enough to solve at check in since he wasn't coming until Wed. But we ended up spending about a half hour at the desk and it was very frustrating.

First the lady got confused about which way we meant he'd be taking ME, then she kept saying his flight didn't exist, then she seemed skeptical about our MDE issues, then she told us we couldn't add him... just no. It seemed like she just didn't know what to do. (It was also strange because if we had him added on beforehand it obviously would've been fine so it's not like we couldn't do it or we're adding more than the amount of people allowed in the room). Finally she called someone, and we got him added on, but I was surprised that it was so complicated.

After that we were able to store our luggage and board a bus that quickly got us to AK.

After a quick trip through Na'vi River Journey, and my new mini fan already getting quite the workout we headed to Nomad Lounge for some lunch.

Nomad Lounge Review

IMG_1580.jpeg

Then we went on a safari that featured a commentary by the woman behind us. She would exclaim to her family anytime she saw anything at all, and then repeat something the driver had just said. And every time she saw an animal she'd yell, "OH WOW LOOK AT THAT"!

OH WOW LOOK AT THOSE GIRAFFES!

IMG_1611.jpeg

With our heavily narrated safari done, we boarded the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

We didn't really see any animals besides this one because I was getting acquainted with the bench in the waiting area while I cooled off.

We were at Rafiki's for the Animation Experience! I've never been to any of the previous animation experiences they had at WDW, and I didn't do the one in DL so this was a first for me.

We were drawing Pumba, and here's what it's supposed to look like:

IMG_1636.jpeg

I say supposed to because I did not have high hopes for my drawing. :rotfl:

Here's mine...it's uh really something...

IMG_1640.jpeg

Not as terrible as I thought, but it looks more like Pumba's cousin who had some strange facial features than Pumba. In my defense I was doing a serious amount of erasing, and they tell you not to do that. :laughing:

Samantha's came out much better:

IMG_1639.jpeg

She's a much better listener and artist :rotfl:

Back at the resort our room was ready so that's where we headed next. I really liked our room! I liked the design when we booked the rooms and they had sketches up, but it's even better in person.

IMG_1644.jpeg

I like the bathroom a lot, especially the shower. There was a lot of counter space, and everything looked really nice too.

There was a lot of space in the room, and I like the clean/minimal look in the newer rooms.

The best part of the room was this view :lovestruc:

84D712CF-FEB0-4597-B20D-7D25B5F795A6.jpeg

The resort is so gorgeous, and you can see it all from the tower. I can't remember the floor we were on, but we had a great view.

Now it was time for some Lifetime movies before we headed out again!

Next Up
We head to Epcot!

Last edited:
"Oh Wow Look at Those Giraffes!"
September 16th, Part 1

Now that HHN was over for the weekend it was time for us to get our Disney on!

View attachment 450855

A few parting shots of Royal Pacific:

ixXvsezl.jpg

MqgNX1gl.jpg

Next we were checking into the Gran Destino:

D6Es1YRl.jpg

:rotfl:
Id8KdMDl.jpg

Our room wasn't ready yet, but what we could see of the hotel was beautiful. I was very excited leading up to our stay here because I'd seen videos of the interior and I loved it. We got a really good rate awhile back, and Coronado Springs is where I've stayed the last few trips so it was cool to finally stay in the tower we'd watched them build over the last few years.

The only problem we had at the desk was that we were supposed to be adding Josh to the reservation. He was supposed to be on the reservation from the start, but Samantha and I's MDE accounts don't like each other. Last time we took a trip they had to unlink us to make everything work, and it was a huge pain, but we had to link them again to make ADR's and FP's so it wasn't working right again, and hadn't let Samantha add Josh. We figured it'd be easy enough to solve at check in since he wasn't coming until Wed. But we ended up spending about a half hour at the desk and it was very frustrating.

View attachment 450856

First the lady got confused about which way we meant he'd be taking ME, then she kept saying his flight didn't exist, then she seemed skeptical about our MDE issues, then she told us we couldn't add him... just no. Like she was hoping we wouldn't ask again if she said no. The flat out "no" to what I thought would be simple thing kind of surprised me. It seemed like she just didn't know what to do. (It was also strange because if we had him added on beforehand it obviously would've been fine so it's not like we couldn't do it or we're adding more than the amount of people allowed in the room). Finally she called someone, and we got him added on, but her reluctance to help was strange, and I was surprised that it was so complicated.

After that we were able to store our luggage and board a bus that quickly got us to AK. So that we could take some pictures in the Lion King movie frame that was still up:

g6zdSgNl.jpg

3dCN3SSl.jpg

I have to believe it had something to do with the heat, but this is the most half hearted "roaring" hands I've ever seen, and it looks more like I'm grabbing something from a mid level shelf:

8Jtuc0Tl.jpg

View attachment 450857

After a quick trip through Na'vi River Journey, and my new mini fan already getting quite the workout we headed to Nomad Lounge for some lunch.

View attachment 450858

Nomad Lounge Review

oLfjHNXl.jpg

Then we went on a safari that featured a commentary by the woman behind us. She would exclaim to her family anytime she saw anything at all, and then repeat something the driver had just said. I'm happy she was enthusiastic, but she was also very loud, and every time she saw an animal she'd yell, "OH WOW LOOK AT THAT"!

View attachment 450859

OH WOW LOOK AT THOSE GIRAFFES!

uzx3BYwl.jpg

H14Sztnl.jpg

py4iGkLl.jpg

s7mOjM7l.jpg

ZM0jNOKl.jpg

With our heavily narrated safari done, we boarded the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch:

eYR7QVCl.jpg

We didn't really see any animals besides this one because I was getting acquainted with the bench in the waiting area while I cooled off.

View attachment 450860

yECwZeLl.jpg

We were at Rafiki's for the Animation Experience! I've never been to any of the previous animation experiences they had at WDW, and I didn't do the one in DL so this was a first for me.

We were drawing Pumba, and here's what it's supposed to look like:

6oLtBQll.jpg

I say supposed to because I did not have high hopes for my drawing. :rotfl:

View attachment 450861

Here's mine...it's uh really something...

ddDBQbMl.jpg

Not as terrible as I thought, but it looks more like Pumba's cousin who had some strange facial features than Pumba. In my defense I was doing a serious amount of erasing, and they tell you not to do that. :laughing:

Samantha's came out much better:

reBqzeNl.jpg

She's a much better listener and artist :rotfl:

Back at the resort our room was ready so that's where we headed next. I really liked our room! I liked the design when we booked the rooms and they had sketches up, but it's even better in person.

qLB7b1ll.jpg

I like the bathroom a lot, especially the shower. There was a lot of counter space, and everything looked really nice too.

z8yH2U8l.jpg

There was a lot of space in the room, and I like the clean/minimal look in the newer rooms.

mKi42ILl.jpg

I5r4bAEl.jpg

wMEWVUml.jpg

The resort is so gorgeous, and you can see it all from the tower. I can't remember the floor we were on, but we had a great view.

UIMqzLfl.jpg

Now it was time for some Lifetime movies before we headed out again!

View attachment 450862

Next Up
We head to Epcot, and I'll post the vlog for this day.

dBr8kcSl.jpg

lol........love that update!!!!

So funny with the lacklustre arms........ :rotfl: and yes, Samantha’s drawing is er.......slightly better than yours........lol........I can’t say anything as I can’t draw a squiggle!!!

I started looking at this without my glasses on and thought, that’s quite a pose from Raeven.......it’s the picture under Nomad Lounge Review!!! I have my glasses on now and fully apologise......:rotfl2:

The Gran Destino is a beautiful hotel! Love the views too.......

And yes, it was incredibly hot!

Finally she called someone, and we got him added on, but her reluctance to help was strange, and I was surprised that it was so complicated.
:rolleyes2 Ugh. I can't stand wasting precious Disney time over something that should be so simple. Been there. Not pleasant. :sad2: It seems like years ago something like that would have been handled with a free FP or something else to ease the frustration a bit. I don't think I see that as often in recent years?

I have to believe it had something to do with the heat, but this is the most half hearted "roaring" hands I've ever seen, and it looks more like I'm grabbing something from a mid level shelf:
:rotfl: I LOLed at your mid level shelf description :laughing:

I5r4bAEl.jpg
Wow. This is absolutely gorgeous! :cloud9:

Such an annoying situation trying to add Josh to your reservation!

Sounds like a fun time at AK! And your room looks so nice!

Your pictures are always awesome!

Aw thank you!

So funny with the lacklustre arms........ :rotfl: and yes, Samantha’s drawing is er.......slightly better than yours........lol........I can’t say anything as I can’t draw a squiggle!!!

Lol it is significantly better :rotfl: I typically can’t draw a squiggle either so I was curious to see how this turned out. Some of the lines were already there too so I was like this might be okay.

I started looking at this without my glasses on and thought, that’s quite a pose from Raeven.......it’s the picture under Nomad Lounge Review!!! I have my glasses on now and fully apologise......:rotfl2:

That would be quite a pose :laughing:

The Gran Destino is a beautiful hotel! Love the views too.......

And yes, it was incredibly hot!

Yes! It was so pretty.

:rolleyes2 Ugh. I can't stand wasting precious Disney time over something that should be so simple. Been there. Not pleasant. :sad2: It seems like years ago something like that would have been handled with a free FP or something else to ease the frustration a bit. I don't think I see that as often in recent years?

Yeah I never imagined it would've been that difficult and it seemed a better idea than having Samantha wait on hold to try to do it before we arrived. I was surprised by her attituide towards it too like she didn’t want to try and she definitely didn’t offer us anything, if anything she seemed suspicious of us like we were somehow trying to scam her even though we weren’t getting anything out of it.

:rotfl: I LOLed at your mid level shelf description :laughing:

They were such half hearted roar hands :rotfl:

Wow. This is absolutely gorgeous! :cloud9:

I loved the view!

Such an annoying situation trying to add Josh to your reservation!

Sounds like a fun time at AK! And your room looks so nice!
It was! So frustrating.

I loved the rooms there! They were so pretty.

I am staying one night in the tower next week when going to MVMCP. Can’t wait. It looks beautiful- just sad I won’t be there long . Heading to universal the next morning

I am staying one night in the tower next week when going to MVMCP. Can’t wait. It looks beautiful- just sad I won’t be there long . Heading to universal the next morning

That sounds like it’ll be fun! Yeah I didn’t feel like we were there long enough to check out some things I wanted to see too.

Reactions: DLo
Table Tennis Just Got Intense
September 16th, Part 2

We were headed out to Epcot for some Food & Wine-ing:

We got to Epcot a little late (around 7:30 pm). It had just been a little too hot to go back out while the sun was still up. However between the bus and navigating our way around construction walls we ended up with only an hour at Food & Wine.

IMG_1667.jpeg

Food & Wine Snacks Part 1 Review

IMG_6869.jpeg

My favorite thing they had added this year, was the Appleseed Orchard Cider Bar so of course I took the most terrible picture anyone's ever taken and then didn't take any others to show you how nice it was . :rotfl:

IMG_1686.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

Epcot closed disappointingly early this night so we headed out with our drinks, deciding to skip Illuminations because it had already started, and we wanted to get on the bus early.

Our resort looked gorgeous at night:

IMG_1699.jpeg

And we decided to head to Three Bridges Bar & Grill to finish off our Food & Wine-ing:

Three Bridges Bar & Grill Review

IMG_1701.jpeg

Back in our room we actually had time to watch a full Lifetime movie about a crazy neighbor that was trying to make his neighbor fall in love with him by stalking her and killing her firefighter boyfriend :rotfl:

Also Zelda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the 90's one) was in it:

(This is the only photo I could find that isn't the cover of the movie).

And for some reason there was a scene where the stalker and boyfriend played table tennis at a neighborhood mixer and the game got so intense that they started taking their shirts off and everyone looked embarrassed for them hence this post's title. (Sadly, I can't find any pictures of this).

So just imagine this is them:

Next Up
We head to Batuu in the morning!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts