What is this world coming to?? Teens record man drowning and do nothing to help

Maybe, maybe not. They're being charged for not reporting someone's death. This will serve as a test case to see if it applies them. So whether they did anything wrong or not is TBD.

Like I said, how many fatal accidents do people go by before first responders arrive or are contacted and just keep driving? In theory, all those people should be charged as well.

This is new legal territory apparently, so yes, we'll see how it plays out.

Like I said, how many fatal accidents do people go by before first responders arrive or are contacted and just keep driving? In theory, all those people should be charged as well.

I don't think I've ever driven by a major accident (that I would even think about a fatality) where first responders weren't already on scene.

They are only being charged with a misdemeanor but I guess that's better than nothing.
I know Im going straight to hell for saying this but I really do hope that the kids get hassled by others now in real life. What they did was sickening. The fact that they didn't care a whit however, is frightening.

If you drive by an accident on the road, how do you know whether it was fatal or not?

Well, honestly, you'd have to find out later. Via the news or whatnot.

I don't think I've ever driven by a major accident (that I would even think about a fatality) where first responders weren't already on scene.

Someone's always gotta be the first person to see it/report it. I've actually watched a truck roll in front of me on the road. Now, years of going to the races and such, I was outta my car, directing people what to do. We got the guy out of his truck, and things I guess were ok.

They are only being charged with a misdemeanor but I guess that's better than nothing.
I know Im going straight to hell for saying this but I really do hope that the kids get hassled by others now in real life. What they did was sickening. The fact that they didn't care a whit however, is frightening.

A lot of kids today need a reminder that there's no "extra lives" or "reset" button. That once you're gone, you're gone.

It isn't that these kids did the equivalent of driving past an accident. They stopped, filmed and mocked the person and watched them die while doing nothing. That is what takes it into new territory in my opinion.

Last edited:
It isn't that these kids did the equivalent of driving passed an accident. They stopped, filmed and mocked the person and watched them die while doing nothing. That is what takes it into new territory in my opinion.

They're lower than dirt for what they did. Don't get me wrong. People who do things to pets are still the worst in my book, but this is a very close 2nd.

All I can say is... this is our society today. The courts have made it so. The best we can do is try to learn and move on. This will more than likely happen again unfortunately. Somewhere else in the country but it'll repeat.

I don't live far from cocoa where this took place when I lived there 3 years ago I always had cell reception and 31 is not old I think it is insulting to call 31 old

This whole situation sickens me, and those "kids" lack basic humanity. I get that it's a danger to try and help, but not calling 911, openly laughing and mocking the man as he drowns, and then leaving him there is beyond words. I hope karma gets all of them. If that had been my husband, I would have a hard time not exacting revenge.

If it were my loved one who died, I would follow those kids' lives. Every school acceptance, every new job, I'd be there to share the video. I'd make sure everyone they met knew what they did. Would they care? Hard to say, but I would make it my mission to let everyone know what monsters they are.

If it were my loved one who died, I would follow those kids' lives. Every school acceptance, every new job, I'd be there to share the video. I'd make sure everyone they met knew what they did. Would they care? Hard to say, but I would make it my mission to let everyone know what monsters they are.

The thing is, there are harassment and stalking laws, so the family probably would get into legal trouble doing that!

I do agree with this sentiment though.

For this specific case. It was horrible tragic that a person died while they watched. 100% agree they should be charged even if its just jail time and not prison.

To expand things out a little. This was a extreme and outlier case. To say its social media or technology is premature. The anonymity of social media does not help and it brings it to the forfront more but i think the blame should squarely be on the boys and nothing else.

And to expand this out a little more. At its core this was an extreme version of the finale of Seinfeld. Where they (i believe its been a while) are charged with a good samartian law when they are taped insulting a man being robbed.

That was how many years ago? This is far from a new idea. And unfortunately has been going on well before social media and smartphones and the such.

It's not like any of these punks will ever go to college, or ever work at anything but a menial job. Heck, they probably will drop out of high school if they hadn't already.

Rest in peace, Jamel Dunn, and may God bless and keep his family. :sad:

It just came across, but they HAVE been charged with not reporting the death:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2017/7/21/video_teens_filmed_m.html
:cheer2: In whatever way possible I hope the prosecutor makes it his/her mission in life to rain havoc down on these miscreants.
Good. At least that's something. Although I doubt they even care.
Yes, it's something. And regardless of whether or not they're convicted, it would be an absolute public service for some media outlet to publish their identities. They are a bunch of amoral POS, and their potential for being a danger to the public is boundless. Decent people should be warned.
Hassled or not, they should certainly be identified. Decent people deserve to have some idea what they're dealing with if they ever come in contact with these psychopaths.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts