What is up with this price difference?

The reason the price difference is likely because the Pink is a Women's cut and the Blue is an Adult cut which is basically a men's/unisex cut. You can tell each picture is a different cut (Pink has scoop neck and the arms are different).

upload_2019-2-15_23-43-59.png

upload_2019-2-15_23-47-45.png

It's not entirely uncommon for men's/unisex cuts to be less expensive than women's/ladies cuts. The feel and even actual material can also be different. As for why it's a full $10 difference your guess is as good as mine on that one lol.

Also there's this other women's shirt same price as the pink:
upload_2019-2-15_23-49-39.png

So in this case color isn't the reason (though it sometimes is).

The reason the price difference is likely because the Pink is a Women's cut and the Blue is an Adult cut which is basically a men's/unisex cut. You can tell each picture is a different cut (Pink has scoop neck and the arms are different).

View attachment 382712

View attachment 382714

It's not entirely uncommon for men's/unisex cuts to be less expensive than women's/ladies cuts. The feel and even actual material can also be different. As for why it's a full $10 difference your guess is as good as mine on that one lol.

Also there's this other women's shirt same price as the pink:
View attachment 382715

So in this case color isn't the reason (though it sometimes is).

Yes, but why?

My wife loved the coral (pink) one so much, she bought two on our recent trip. When I pointed out that the blue one was $10 cheaper, she laid them out side by side to see if the women's shirt was a men's shirt marked differently (happens more often than you know), but in this case, the women's shirt was actually cut differently.

On the other hand, she found an adorable "adult" shirt and purchased it. When we got back to the room and she tried it on, she found it was super long, so long in fact that if she tucked it into her shirt, half of the characters printed on the shirt would only have their heads visible. I tried it on myself, and it was even long on me, and I'm 6'5" tall! That one was returned.

I know it just sucks. I prefer a fitted shirt but don’t feel I should be charged an extra $10 for something that fits better.
I hear ya. I tend to go for unisex nowadays because the women's tend to be too fitted lol but I wasn't always that way for sure. I feel like $10 more is a bit much IMO though.

Dontcha know it costs a lot of $$ to round out the neckline and taper in for a waistline! It's technical stuff. LOL

Dontcha know it costs a lot of $$ to round out the neckline and taper in for a waistline! It's technical stuff. LOL
Well, it is easier to cut a straight line rather than a curved line and sewing a straight line is easier/faster than a curved line.

Well, it is easier to cut a straight line rather than a curved line and sewing a straight line is easier/faster than a curved line.

Of course they both have round necklines. :) I guess since the ladies cut drops lower so it would take a nano second more cutting time. :rolleyes: Personally I prefer v-necks - straight cuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter