• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is "windows cannot find buddyicons.com???

pw2pp

DIS Veteran
Hi. When I go into my computer e-mail and there is an e-mail about "so and so has replied to the Thread you have subscribed to etc...." and then, I try to click on the link to get to the thread - a little window pops up that says "windows cannot find www.buddyicons.com" and I cannot get into the thread. This just started happening last night.

I've never subscribed to a thread before!

I'll try it with this one and see if I can duplicate your problem.

Okay!

I subscribed, was notified, and was able to click on the link in the email to get back to this thread.

Are you still having the problem pw2pp? If the problem persists, let me know what type of computer/browser set up you're using and we'll look into it further for you.

I tried to access the www.buddyicons.com address that you listed without success. I'm not even sure how that address relates to the email notification thing!

Yes, it is still happening. Actually, I have never "subscribed" to a thread either, it just happened ever since we moved to the "new" boards. Every time I post to a thread, I automatically get an e-mail every time someone else posts to the thread. I get TONS of e-mails every day since this happened. I don't mind, because, sometimes I will post to a thread, then I forget all about it, and then, the next day (or 2-3 days later), I get one of these e-mails and I can click on the link and go back to the thread and read the other person's post. If I don't want to get anymore e-mails for a certain thread, there is a "link" I can click on to "unsubscribe" to that particular thread.
I'm not sure what kind of "browser" I have, my husband is the "computer person" of the house and he is still sleeping right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter