What is your average Disney vacation stay?

What is your average length of stay (in days) at Walt Disney World Florida?

• 5 days or less - on Disney property hotel

• 5 days or less - off Disney property hotel

• 6 to 8 days - on Disney property hotel

• 6 to 8 days - off Disney property hotel

• 9 to 10 days - on Disney property hotel

• 9 to 10 days - off Disney property hotel

• 11 - 14 days - on Disney property hotel

• 11 - 14 days - off Disney property hotel

• more than 14 days - on Disney property hotel

• more than 14 days - off Disney property hotel

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for 6-8 days for the average, but that really isn't that accurate. Well, it is accurate, but only because we did a dance trip to Disney last year and that was shorter than normal. We will be doing the same trip next year so I factored that in. When we go with the family we stay 8-10 nights. Even at 10 nights I wished for just a bit more time, so I think 10-14 nights would be perfect!

I voted for 6 to 8 days on site, because that has been our usual trip, however our trip we are just starting to plan for August 2008 will be for 10 days on site. Woo Hoo!!!!:banana:

Our trips have been once a year for 9-10 days for the past three years. I have been thinking about switching it up going Sun-Sat for X-mas this year then going again next OCT for another Sun- Sat trip.

The very first trip to WDW, we spent 5 days off property, then 8 days at OKW, then 14 days shared Okw/SSR (that was great) and now in 2008 we are planning a 7 day at OKW... :cool1:

Since we're coming from Canada, I tend to be in the camp that would say longer stays are better:teacher:. I think that about 11 nights is a nice vacation that allows for some commando style touring and some pure relaxation.

The more we go to Orlando/Disney, the more that I value the relaxation days. But, with a soon to be two year old daughter, I suspect it will be very exciting to see Disney again through her eyes.

Michael

I voted 6-8days. Our last trip was 6 days and felt it was a little too short. DD got the stomach flu so she was bedridden for a couple of those:sick: .

My ideal vacaton length for a WDW vacation would be 2 weeks. Plenty of time to do alot of things and not wear yourself out. Sure, Disney is all about the theme parks but we love to explore everyhting else Disney has to offer. We have become less of park commandos and really enjoy the little things at WDW such as:

DTD
visiting resort hotels
playing mini putt
enjoying the pools
sea raycers
exploring Fort Wilderness

We were originally planned for a 7 night/ 8 day stay and decided to add 3 more nights to our next vacation just so that we can stop and smell the roses:flower3: . Soak up the atmosphere !

Wasn't sure to post this poll but, I'm curious to the average length of stay at Walt Disney.

We're thinking between 10 to 14 days and, want to know if that lenth of time is too long, not long enough or just about right.

Thanks!
many years later im reading it lol

8 days 7 nights is the perfect Disney vacation for us. We did 10 days on site at that was too much for us.

We like to stay 10 days with a few days away from the parks to check out beaches or other things in Florida.

I normally do long weekends of either three or four days because I work in a very small office with only two other people (one of whom is my boss) and I feel guilty if I take more time off work than that. Also, I'm close enough to drive (3.5 hours with no traffic). If I could get away with it, though, I would stay longer.

6 days of parks for us - and last time I was coerced into spending a couple days checking out that broomstick riding wizard's place down the road. That particular part was cool, but overall it was a totally different vibe.

We're doing 8 nights this time; I think the longest we did was 10. Would have stayed longer this time if it we didn't want to get back home for Christmas! We stayed off property once, but we're totally spoiled now and don't know that we'd ever do that again.

We're doing 8 nights this time; I think the longest we did was 10. Would have stayed longer this time if it we didn't want to get back home for Christmas! We stayed off property once, but we're totally spoiled now and don't know that we'd ever do that again.
Off property was when we were young now it's on site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!