What is your Disney shameful secret?

I’ve never been to Cali grill so I’m curious what went wrong for you??

So, in two out of 3 trips to Cali Grille, I've had a sub-par experience. First trip was solo. It was excellent. I ate at the sushi bar before the remodel. Second trip, with my wife, before the remodel, served a warm $65 bottle of Fairy Tale bubbly, and the wood-fired stuff was gone from the menu because stuff was broken. Everyone has a bad night, so I thought, try again. The third time was an embarrassment. I went with my wife and her parents after the remodel. Service was less than great. I felt forgotten about. That I can forgive. However, the food was not good. My wife had some vegetable gnocchi dish that was beyond bad at ten bucks, let alone thirty. My veal chop was tough and overcooked. The whole place was "too big for its britches." We waited so long for the food I choked it down anyway. I don't mind students in the kitchen, but it was almost all students. It was like watching the keystone cops in the kitchen. The manager refunded our money (we did Tables in Wonderland for that trip), and invited us back and to speak with him personally on arrival. At this point, I don't really want to give it another try. Like anything, your mileage may vary.

I don't get the Toy Story Midway Magic ride/thingy at Hollywood Studios. I've never been on it, but it seems like a carbon copy of the Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland which has always been a meh ride for me.

big one though.... I can't imagine bringing a baby/toddler/small child to Disney.

It is better than Space Ranger Spin, but not worth standing in line forever.

1. I despise the "Frozen" movie.

2. I do not like the Epcot firework show at all. Even the New Years Eve versions was lame to me.

I don’t like Illuminations either. I have literally seen it once after over 10 years of going. I got bored and I don’t care if I see it again.

I think Lilo is really annoying. :duck: And the Lilo character at ‘Ohana is creepy and huuuuuge!!
Yeah, I get that about Lilo, but I'm more baffled by why people like Stitch. What is it about him/it? He's just gross. And "Lilo and Stitch" is easily one of the worst, if not the worst, "modern" Disney movies; no contest.

I don't know if I'd call it shameful, but really don't like Figment and am always annoyed when he figures prominently in any of the various Festival's merchandise. I know a lot of people love this character, but oh well, to each his own.
Again, this is how I feel about Stitch. They sell Stitch stuff everywhere. He's a lame character from a lame movie!

EDIT: Just realized, for me, this is not remotely a "shameful secret". I will loudly proclaim this opinion any chance I get, to anyone willing to listen, and sometimes to people who arent'!!:jester:

Last edited:

I don't get the Toy Story Midway Magic ride/thingy at Hollywood Studios. I've never been on it, but it seems like a carbon copy of the Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland which has always been a meh ride for me.

It's actually completely different, but I like it less. It's a video game that you ride.

Oh...and I dont have any clue who Figment is and what movie or story he / she is from,,,???
Figment is from the original Journey Into Imagination ride, an early EPCOT attraction. Not from any other movie or story, but because there were no mainstream characters in early EPCOT, him and Dream Finder from the ride were frequently seen.

Not sure it's a shameful secret, but my favorite thing I've ever done is take my now wife to a character meet and greet. Mostly because ahead of us were two groups: a teenage boy whose mother clearly was wondering what the heck they were doing in a character line, and a 90-ish year old English gentlemen being pushed in a wheelchair by his pensioner son getting a copy of Alice in Wonderland signed. Yeah, that was cool.

I suppose my actual shameful secret is that, aside from Frozen on a plane, I haven't seen any of the recent WDFA films, basically any since Hunchback. I'm still missing a couple of the WWII era films from my collection as well - hard buggers to get ahold of.

1. The "Finding Nemo" musical at AK >>> "Festival of the Lion King", all day long.

2. 'Rivers of Light' was "Meh" at best when they had the live performers. Now it's just straight-up uninspiring, with zero storyline/theming tying it together & THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE seating of any show anywhere in WDW. I understand AK wanting a nighttime show, but every time I've watched it there's been a fountain malfunctioning, water screens not working, or a float that stops working halfway through the show. IMO, they need to go back to the drawing board on nighttime entertainment in AK.

Please don't judge, but I have two;
  1. I once waited 2 hours to ride Rocket Rods
  2. I rode Superstar Limo when DCA first opened
Not sure which was more embarassing. Man that felt good to get that out.
Awwww. I've done both of these, also.

2. 'Rivers of Light' was "Meh" at best when they had the live performers. Now it's just straight-up uninspiring, with zero storyline/theming tying it together & THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE seating of any show anywhere in WDW. I understand AK wanting a nighttime show, but every time I've watched it there's been a fountain malfunctioning, water screens not working, or a float that stops working halfway through the show. IMO, they need to go back to the drawing board on nighttime entertainment in AK.
Agreed! We just sat through it Sunday night and left asking, "It is certainly different than the start (when it had live performers) ... but it hasn't improved. No story, underwhelming musical score, ...." Meh.

Agreed! We just sat through it Sunday night and left asking, "It is certainly different than the start (when it had live performers) ... but it hasn't improved. No story, underwhelming musical score, ...." Meh.

We saw it for the first time in January (we did the Tiffins meal + show deal) and afterwards walked away going, "And we wasted our time why?" Completely underwhelming.

Yeah, I get that about Lilo, but I'm more baffled by why people like Stitch. What is it about him/it? He's just gross. And "Lilo and Stitch" is easily one of the worst, if not the worst, "modern" Disney movies; no contest.

Again, this is how I feel about Stitch. They sell Stitch stuff everywhere. He's a lame character from a lame movie!

EDIT: Just realized, for me, this is not remotely a "shameful secret". I will loudly proclaim this opinion any chance I get, to anyone willing to listen, and sometimes to people who arent'!!:jester:

I totally agree about Stitch and Figment! I actually did like the Lilo and Stitch movie, but I have no desire for any merch.

Figment is from the original Journey Into Imagination ride, an early EPCOT attraction. Not from any other movie or story, but because there were no mainstream characters in early EPCOT, him and Dream Finder from the ride were frequently seen.

Not sure it's a shameful secret, but my favorite thing I've ever done is take my now wife to a character meet and greet. Mostly because ahead of us were two groups: a teenage boy whose mother clearly was wondering what the heck they were doing in a character line, and a 90-ish year old English gentlemen being pushed in a wheelchair by his pensioner son getting a copy of Alice in Wonderland signed. Yeah, that was cool.

I suppose my actual shameful secret is that, aside from Frozen on a plane, I haven't seen any of the recent WDFA films, basically any since Hunchback. I'm still missing a couple of the WWII era films from my collection as well - hard buggers to get ahold of.

There is nothing shameful about going to a meet and greet as an adult. I doubt anyone was looking at you wondering anything.

1. The "Finding Nemo" musical at AK >>> "Festival of the Lion King", all day long.

I still haven’t seen Rivers of Light. I’ve read so many bad reviews and I just haven’t taken the time to sit there for it.

I fib to coworkers and casual friends about the frequency of our Disney park vacations and cruises so it seems less often. Some of these people save for years to afford one trip, and would love to go again but cannot afford to do so. It feels insensitive to mention we are going AGAIN. And others would think we’re just plain crazy to go multiple times a year.
When asked where we’re going for vacation, I’m vague. Our upcoming DL trip is “visiting California”.

Last edited:
1. Sourcerers of the Magic Kingdom!
2. Camping at Ft Wilderness every chance we get.
3. YUCK - Dole Whip - horrible chemical/preservative taste. Threw it away. Think it must be like Cilantro tastes soapy to some people. It was the worst thing I ever attemted to eat.
4. Still waiting for some "Disney Love for Adults" by opening up "21 and over" sports bar and grill - NO KIDS!

I fib to coworkers and casual friends about the frequency of our Disney park vacations and cruises so it seems less often. Some of these people save for years to afford one trip, and would love to go again but cannot afford to do so. It feels insensitive to mention we are going AGAIN. And others would think we’re just plain crazy to go multiple times a year.
When asked where we’re going for vacation, I’m vague. Our upcoming DL trip is “visiting California”.
I feel a little weird about my kids telling their teachers about our trips, we do one a year, but then I found out that these teachers are taking their own expensive vacations, so... oh well.

Oh gosh, my husband and I do this too! I usually try not to even bring up that I'm taking time off and if I get cornered, I'll say we're doing a "staycation" or going to visit family. I get so tired of everyone assuming that a Disney trip means MEGA EXPENSIVE! It's only the two of us, and we watch for deals/rent points. Plus we live well below our means in most other areas of our lives, so that we can afford our trips. But no one wants to take the time to listen/understand that, and I shouldn't have to justify how we spend our money anyway!! I don't make them justify their Starbucks, haha!

I did a site tour (New TA) and thought the Poly room we went to was the worse one I had seen the whole week of my Disney education training. Orange drab and felt almost dirty.
And will someone please tell me how to get rid of my ticker already did this trip ...thanks

I did a site tour (New TA) and thought the Poly room we went to was the worse one I had seen the whole week of my Disney education training. Orange drab and felt almost dirty.
And will someone please tell me how to get rid of my ticker already did this trip ...thanks
Edit your signature and just delete everything in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter