What is your favorite deck for your room? We are looking at Oasis of the Seas.

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
On Carnival, we stayed on the deck above the lido which was also near the gym and spa. On the Oasis, I'm thinking the decks we will be on most often are 4-6 and 15. Are the rooms on decks 6-8 loud due to the open middle? We will have an ocean balcony so I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks so much!

OK so deck 14 you tend to hear noise from up above. Understandable since it's the pool and activites deck but it can be a bit annoying at night.

Also decks 12 and 14 midship port side is underneath the smoking area. People are not dumping ashes off the side of the ship or anything but you might still smell the smoke.

On the oceanview balconies I've tended to hear nothing from the Promenade, Boardwalk or Central Park. In terms of noise insulation you'd be covered.

Overall I think Decks 8-10 would be your sweet spot. Deck 8 is right where Central Park is and if you're there you'll likely take advantage of Park Cafe. It's also not that bad to walk up to 15 from these floors.

On Carnival, we stayed on the deck above the lido which was also near the gym and spa. On the Oasis, I'm thinking the decks we will be on most often are 4-6 and 15. Are the rooms on decks 6-8 loud due to the open middle? We will have an ocean balcony so I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks so much!
Deck 8 for sure. We loved being on the same level of park cafe and would go there for breakfast or lunch then take our plates with us and eat out on the balcony of our room. It’s also really nice to walk through in the evenings.

..............Overall I think Decks 8-10 would be your sweet spot. Deck 8 is right where Central Park is and if you're there you'll likely take advantage of Park Cafe. It's also not that bad to walk up to 15 from these floors.

Agree with above ^^^

For DW and myself we are spoiled for Deck17/18 :teeth:

We’ve been on different decks for each of our 5 cruises. Usually chose a higher deck. We always chose a deck that was sandwiched between two levels of staterooms As we figure those will be quieter.
this past cruise on Harmony we did a guaranteed room. We were a little worried especially when we found out we were on deck 3.
We actually loved it and didn’t find it any different than any other deck we had been on. We were really close to the MDR, main theatre, and ice rink. We almost exclusively take the stairs so the extra walking didnt bother us.

I think your stateroom neighbours can have a much bigger impact than location

We will be sailing on Oasis in July and our balcony rooms are on deck 10.
Denise

We are Suite people so our choices aren't as many as regular passengers. However, for a Grand Suite we like deck 10 on the Oasis class ships. Its kind of sandwiched between other non-activity decks so noise from overhead isn't typically an issue.

We were on deck 9 (room 9317) with a boardwalk balcony on our last cruise. Noise in the room was fine EXCEPT when the aqua theatre shows went on. That show woke my wife up every time it went on.

Those shows start as late at 10:30pm IIRC so if you aren't a night owl and noise sensitive, I would advise against the boardwalk view rooms in general.

We were on deck 9 (room 9317) with a boardwalk balcony on our last cruise. Noise in the room was fine EXCEPT when the aqua theatre shows went on.
Excellent point about Boardwalk balconies. We prefer mid-ship, outward facing balconies.

We've been on deck 9 and deck 10 Ocean View balcony, one on Oasis and one on Allure. Both were fine but on last cruise I recall saying next cruise we will look into staying on deck 8. We often found ourselves at Park Cafe for breakfast or lunch and like Central Park in general, especially walking at night. Plus it is an easy 2 or 3 decks down to Boardwalk or Promenade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!