Votes: 22 29.3%
  • A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Rivers of Light Dessert Party

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We have gone to the Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza viewing at MK.
We also have gone to the Galactic Spectacle at HS fireworks party when we had to stand at tables outside.
I think seating inside would be much better.
My favorite of those 3 is the Plaza Garden viewing party. I just think the view from the Garden is great!
We are trying to decide on one party this trip , but we are undecided.
Anyway what's your favorite?

We’ve only done the FEA dessert party but I don’t think any of the others can top it in my eyes. The seating area was great, the view was great, the dessert was great, and getting a free ride after the park closed was (I know I’m being redundant) also great. The behavior of our children was another story, but that’s what I get for keeping toddlers at Epcot for 12 hours.

Highly subjective of course, but FEA for me without much debate.
FEA is the one that I have been thinking of doing this trip. We have not done that one yet. My concern is after looking at the pictures of the food it doesn't look like they have as many options as the ones at MK and HS. Do they have chocolate covered strawberries, cheese or water melon lol ? Some of our favorite things at the dessert parties.

If you love Illuminations, it’s FEA no contest. Food and drinks were great with an awesome bonus ride opportunity. I didn’t end up liking the show much, so it’s one and done for me until the show changes.

I love HEA so I’ve done Garden Plaza twice. First time was amazing; second time people blocked my view and that kinda sucked. Food is just OK but wasn’t the reason I went anyway.

We also have gone to the Galactic Spectacle at HS fireworks party when we had to stand at tables outside. I think seating inside would be much better.
So you're aware that the SW party is now indoors and has preassigned tables with chairs?

I've never been a Guest at any of them but I chose the FEA party. As long as it's the outdoor version.

MK Dessert Party, Plaza viewing. Not because of the desserts but because for me it's the one must have to view fireworks. We don't really do them for the food, it's for the view. The others are splurges and not neccessary for a pleasant evening viewing the fireworks.

So you're aware that the SW party is now indoors and has preassigned tables with chairs?

I've never been a Guest at any of them but I chose the FEA party. As long as it's the outdoor version.
Yes Iam aware of them moving SW inside. I wished they would of had it inside when we had gone.

I’ve been to most, including special limited time ones. I’m going to FEA in June for the first time.

My favorite has been Fantasmic. Of those listed, SW.

FEA is my favorite and my daughters. We have done it 3 times now and we don't even like Illuminations. :o And we didn't ride the ride afterwards the last two times. In our defense though, we were trying really hard to like Illuminations and just thought we were missing something. Sadly we won't waste the money again, even though we love the food, atmosphere and the view. I know we're weird.

I did not know this. I was considering this party in July but all of the reviews I found complained about the lack of seating. And I don’t think I’d like to stand the whole time. So now they offer regular tables and chairs? Did you enjoy the party?

Well I guess I am just the weird one because I refuse to spend money on any of them. These parties have grown from a cute little idea into massive money monsters.

Yep, I was looking for the "none" button. To me, they're a huge money suck. We've done some great dessert parties of our own for a fraction of the price. In MK, we'll take the kids to Goofy's Candy Shop and let them pick anything they want. Find a good spot and enjoy.

I voted for FEA because it was a great party. Ours was indoors but we missed the horrible storms etc and it was still my favorite. That being said it was a one and done (for now anyway). We did the plaza party last year and are repeating it this year because we have only seen HEA once (at the party) and need to see it again. The smoke stayed low over the area obscuring things a bit that time. We did the terrace for July 3 and enjoyed it a lot but of course prefer the plaza view. Star Wars was good with the assigned tables now but we didn’t like the show that much. The food was really good however. We haven’t done the Rivers one and don’t plan to. For some reason we don’t have a desire to see the show

My favorite has been Fantasmic.
I guess it didn't make the list because it's not a party in the sense that there's a private party area with buffet tables, tables with chairs, servers, etc. It's just a dedicated bleacher viewing section where you enjoy a box of desserts and drinks.
To me, they're a huge money suck.
That's one way to put it. For a family of 4 or 5 it's a lot of money and for various other reasons the parties are not for everyone. Of the total number of people at the parks, the parties appeal to a tiny percentage, so you're not alone in your thinking. For those that do attend, and excluding the MK parties, I think they do it because it offers them a unique and somewhat exclusive Disney experience. Many do the MK parties for the convenience of viewing the show.
Would you say that the show includes fireworks, or not really?
Not really. The typical high altitude fireworks were eliminated a while ago and even when they did have them they were off center and too far away. I never considered that version a fireworks show and I still don't. The projections have always dominated the performance but the low fireworks, lasers, fire balls and of course the soundtrack add a lot of excitement to the show.

I've only done the garden viewing for HEA and we loved it. The dessert party is booked for the viewing not the food, although I ate A LOT of it. The garden viewing is awesome and totally worth it if you want to do something special. We did it for my husband's bday but would not book it again unless requested for a special event due to the cost for 4 disney adults. We did the after fireworks party since that's just how our day sort of worked out and we knew we wouldn't be staying much later after HEA.

1. Galactic
2. HEA plaza viewing
3. FEA*
4. HEA terrace viewing

*might move up if we ever get to experience it outdoors as intended.

I do enjoy them all though. We have booked 1, 2, and 3 again next trip (over 18 days!). Haven’t done ROL yet, but considering it.

If you ever go to Disneyland, the DCA World of Color dessert party is great. Assigned seating for the show, not a buffet, you get waited on. (desserts in a box, waited on for drinks). Many tables are high tops with a great view. Better than any at WDW, great for people who cannot stand over an hour waiting, before the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter